Ota update!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jforb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's weird!

Our 22 mentioned to my wife that it wanted to update, so today (when it was parked in the garage) I did the update, took a few minutes, but I haven't tried driving it again yet.

update1.jpg

Attachments

• update2.jpg
    update2.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 8

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I did the OTA update this morning.
Now the system doesn't recognize voice commands!
It's one thing after another with this pos infotainment system!
Is there a way to undo the OTA?

OP
OP
Fountain38

Fountain38

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Try resetting from the setting menu there is an option for reset that might fix it or undo the update

Edlee321

Reaction score
I did the update on MY 22 yukon, but the android build is still on W160 since I received thr truck on December 202120221006_073347.jpg20221006_073259.jpg

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, spent the morning at the dealer. When the update was performed it disconnected the truck from my google account. Signing back in fixed the problem. Apparently if you are not signed in you lose all functionality. Looks like we're totally dependent upon Google.

They also updated my radio per bulletin 22-NA-142. Researching the bulletin indicates it pertains to 1500 Sierra & Silverado, not Yukons! Stay tuned!

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, spent the morning at the dealer. When the update was performed it disconnected the truck from my google account. Signing back in fixed the problem. Apparently if you are not signed in you lose all functionality. Looks like we're totally dependent upon Google.

They also updated my radio per bulletin 22-NA-142. Researching the bulletin indicates it pertains to 1500 Sierra & Silverado, not Yukons! Stay tuned!
While I have fully embraced letting Google into my life, I have always understood that them going out of business at some point would be an inconvenience but nothing major.

Having a $70k vehicle dependent on their systems suddenly puts a very high loss to that potential event. A scary thought.

RST_FRED22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I never got a notice for an update but 2 days ago I started having an issue where streaming music from my phone would not play unless I had the app on the infotainment screen. If I toggled to Waze or anywhere else, the music would stop.... So Fn annoying. I wonder if this update went through in the background and I'm not experiencing a side effect.
I had this issue with Spotify, I would get a "Temporary Playback issue" notice. The only way I got it to work without issue was by uninstalling Spotify from my phone. Let me know if you find a better way.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer updated mine yesterday...is on Build W165 now...monochrome google assistant icon and google maps icon now, play store and podcasts still google colored.
Was seamless, didn't forget any of my account info, carplay connections, etc...This is the 3rd Infotainment System upgrade dealer has applied to my vehicle...I always ask them to check for any updates at each oil change.
(I was expecting it to be W164, as that was the latest communicated, but apparently there was a new W165 version out).

Currently at 8500 miles on the clock, my plan will be to ask for updated calibrations at every service interval until warranty is out...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019