Order accepted/Yukon Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NicolePop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My order for our Yukon Denali XL was accepted this week, 7 weeks after ordering. I was told by GMC they don’t have a production date but to check back weekly. Can anyone tell me what the average build time normally is in this case?

OP
OP
N

NicolePop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Now I was informed today by GMC that it was a miscommunication, my order is there but not yet accepted. This process is both confusing and frustrating.

Square1Services

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Now I was informed today by GMC that it was a miscommunication, my order is there but not yet accepted. This process is both confusing and frustrating.
I think this may have happened to me as well. Did the text chat with GMC and was told my order was accepted, but when I did the chat on the GMC website it said my order wasn’t accepted yet. This was yesterday. How did you find out it was a mistake?!?

OP
OP
N

NicolePop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think this may have happened to me as well. Did the text chat with GMC and was told my order was accepted, but when I did the chat on the GMC website it said my order wasn’t accepted yet. This was yesterday. How did you find out it was a mistake?!?
I sent a new chat to ask a question about the constraints and she informed me the person I chatted with last night misinformed me. It’s frustrating.

Square1Services

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I sent a new chat to ask a question about the constraints and she informed me the person I chatted with last night misinformed me. It’s frustrating.
Ditto. Mine isn’t accepted yet. I’m glad I didn’t tell the wife. She would have been more disappointed than I was.

dkboggs

Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 Yukon XL Denali in early January. Was informed via GM chat a few days ago that my order was “officially accepted “, checking GM chat now and they are telling my I was misinformed and my order has NOT been accepted. Waiting is one thing but a straight out lie is another thing I can’t deal with.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 Yukon XL Denali in early January. Was informed via GM chat a few days ago that my order was “officially accepted “, checking GM chat now and they are telling my I was misinformed and my order has NOT been accepted. Waiting is one thing but a straight out lie is another thing I can’t deal with.

It may be. GM chat isn’t always accurate. They may have read an old note from a previous chat convo. Sometimes they’ll actually check regardless of the last note

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The majority of the online chat people are flat out lazy and will just tell you whatever they want to get rid of you. I found the actual phone call to customer service to be the most helpful and they will put you on hold while they get hold of "production" to give you a more accurate answer. Just remember that there is nobody that can give an answer in production on the weekends.

dkboggs

Reaction score
I ordered my 2022 Yukon XL Denali in early January. About 2 weeks ago I was told via GM chat “Your vehicle order has been accepted by GMC and is working toward the production process. Please keep in touch with your dealership for the most up-to-date information, or check back later for a status update.”
Today I am told via GM chat “Your order has been submitted by the dealer, but has not been officially accepted by Chevrolet at this time. Please keep in touch with your dealership for the most up-to-date information, or check back later for a status update.”
So I ask for the event code - I was told my event code is 4000.
As I understand 4000 means vehicle is available to ship.
What’s going on here?

Yukon21Denali

Reaction score
Some of the forums have sponsoring dealerships participate on daily basis and help members with looking up their order statuses. Would be cool if we can get someone like that here.
For now, I would suggest pestering your ordering dealership to get the latest status.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645