Orbital Buffer Dust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few days ago I broke in my new Porter Cable, pads, supplies, and whatnot. I used Poorboys SSR 3 with a yellow CCS pad and man did it throw up dust, same story with PB's SSR 2.5 and an orange pad. Is this dust simply just dried up compound being expelled, little bits of the pad or something else?? What are some remedies for you all who have experienced this

Rob @ GGD

Reaction score
First and foremost, you are either using too much polish or starting out too fast e.g. to high a speed.

Poorboy's polishes are top quality products and thus should not be dusting as you describe. Here is the best way to do it (and it will work for all polishes).

Take your pad, attach it to your PC, take your chosen polish and apply 4 small dots (essentially filling the little divots on the ccs pad), identify the 1 foot square area you are going to polish, tap the PC/pad combo on the four corners of the 1 foot square area essentially priming the panel, then turn on your PC on it lowest level, and begin a slow methodical movement back and forth covering your identified 1 foot square area, once you have effectively spread the polish, slowly turn up the PC rpm's and continue the methodical passes back and forth, then up and down, then back and forth, etc., until you have broken down the polish. If you do this correctly, you will have very minimal dusting, as you progress, the panel should appear first wet, then hazy, then the polish should appear as if it is clearing or starting to disappear. At that point you know the micro particles are broken down and the panel should be close to perfection for the level of polish for which you have chosen to begin.

Never, I repeat, never start with a level 3 (or most aggressive). Always start with a level 2 and a white pad with light to moderate pressure to assess the requirements of a more aggressive pad, polish or both.

Call me to discuss further. That goes for anyone who needs additional tech support.

:)

ndavis0001

Davis Motorsports
Reaction score
you can always dampen the pad with a few mists of water first... but as said above start off on a slow setting and then increase a bit to see what you are comfortable with. youll be able to tell wshen it sticks if its too fast a setting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anas1993