opinon on sub enclosure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matthorvat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im planning on building a center console for the captian chairs in the rear. the console will also act as an enclosure for a single 10" memphis mojo sub. has anyone every attempted this? please give opinons, im open to ideas. i have a standard size 08 denali.

The sub will be powered by a ppi 800 mono block amp and another 800 (4x100) ppi amp to power the front doors.

I also havent decided if i want to change my head unit or get an aftermarket and retain all my features with a bunch of add-on modules. opinons on this as well will be appreciated!!

thanks all

thegeneral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just keep in mind how many cubic ft of air volume the sub needs that you choose. I've heard if you go 10-20% bigger or smaller it would sound like garbage. It will come with directions as to how much air volume is needed.

Are you planning ported or enclosed?

And where would you point the 10"? You may want to build the center console pegged off the floor an inch or two and point it down. That way you get the pound in the frame which will go throughout the truck as well as keeping it safe from anything that could harm it. I'm thinking a console shaped like this ) ( That way the 10 could fit between the seats and give you a nice space at the top. You may be able to squeeze a 12 and get much more sound.

Just my .02

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

If you slice MDF every inch or so with a table saw a 1/4" less than the thickness of the board (lets say 3/4" MDF) so the blade would be set to 1/2" cut, you'll be able to get the curve and fit a 10 nicely and maybe a 12"...

OP
OP
M

matthorvat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im pointing the sub backwards and ported. air space and enclosure size im aware of. ive been an avid installer for 10+ years but thanks for the idea. ive never had good luck with firing subs directly into a surface.. possibly on an angle firing towards the rear. that is definately an idea i hadnt thought of so thank you!!! i was moreless lookig for insight on if any other custom installers or owners have tried this as an idea and how it turned out.

thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preinternet