Opinions Needed: Black Wheels On Black Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K_ddsl

K_ddsl

Reaction score
Thanks guys.
Serge you bring up two excellent points. The issue of showing off the GMC brakes in all their shining glory was a concern. And I was wondering weather or not the lip would make the 22" look too small.

Aidan (ESCALADE200224): I really do appreciate your input and thank you for it.

Derek I hear you on the Boss wheels and thanks.

Both the Esky rep and TBSS rep are more my cup of tea.
The Slides look great but they've been done to death.

Brian, (07NALI) what KMC wheels are those. Those look hot.

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

just chiming in, im putting these lexani LSS10 on mine maybe you will ilke them also... http://www.wheelplususa.com/wheels/Lexani/size/24-5x120.65/LSS10/Black+Machine+Face+and+Chrome+Lip[/QUOTE]

Those do look good but I think you are correct about going 24 on those. I think there's a bit too much going on to have them smaller and I want to stick to 22s.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited:

07NALI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They are the KMC 677 D2, I have them coming in Monday. Ill post pics, i agree they will be harder to clean, but I dont mind sacrificing an extra 10 minutes to be really happy with a wheel that will maintain the overall Classy look of the vehicle.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gloss Black TBSS Replica's would look very nice... Or even the Gloss Gray color (sumo's tahoe looks wicked with them).

rough riding on anything bigger than a 22" is a myth. I have 24" wheels on my wife suburban and it rides ALOT nicer than the stock 20s do. It comes down to the tire choice. If you skimp out and go with a cheap tire, its going to ride like crap. I wasn't a believer until I tried it myself.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My vote is for the esky rep 22's in gloss black. It would look PHENOMENAL on your vehicle. The OEM/OEM rep rims look much cleaner then most aftermarket rims IMO... of course unless you can afford some sick 3 piece rims ;)

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My vote is for the esky rep 22's in gloss black. It would look PHENOMENAL on your vehicle. The OEM/OEM rep rims look much cleaner then most aftermarket rims IMO... of course unless you can afford some sick 3 piece rims ;)

I gotta agree with felix.......The Esky reps are more of a classy rim and TBSS reps are more of a race/sport look IMO. Both are killer though;)

OP
OP
K_ddsl

K_ddsl

Reaction score
Ok guys. I get the gist of what everyone is saying.

Thanks you for all your advice.

I contacted Norcal SS about the Esky reps. Will let you know how everything ends up.

Thanks again guys. :Handshake:

Tricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your truck? I have some blk 22in FORTE wheels on my obs Tahoe and love them, reason is that they been on the truck for the past 7 years through snow and all and no worry of rust.
Now if your truck is 07 on up I would go with the ESKY wheel in a 24 all blk. Those wheels are slick.

OP
OP
K_ddsl

K_ddsl

Reaction score
Yup. My truck is an 08. I am following up on the Esky reps in gloss black with norcal ss.
I really want to stay at 22 though. I think it would be a nice mix of size and rim safety (unintentional maniacal driving hazards), etc...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jsimon