OnStar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a notice from OnStar today and they are starting to up grade from 2G to 4G for those vehicles that did not receive it at the factory,no charge if you are a subscriber to a plan.

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't get too excited. The 4G sucks. It's AT&T, but it's much slower than the service allows. I speed test the built in hotspot, a standalone hotspot, and an iPhone all at the same time, and the built in hotspot is 1/3 the speed of the other two.

12many

Reaction score
Are you talking about the car wifi? I like the wifi, but have not tested the speed. I will try it tonight. We have Ipads without the cell service so now they can be used in the car.

I don't recall the pricing after the initial trial period but I might buy it if the price is not too high.

OP
OP
G

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a Canadian vehicle so i don't know what to expect. My dealer called and they will install no charge next Tuesday,I will wait and see how it is.

gary645

Reaction score
Just checked my 2015 Yukon Denali wi-fi hot spot - 3.44 download and 4.16 upload in mbps. Sad.

Be careful of OnStar - 4th vehicle I've had with OnStar and they have many ways of over billing you - have fought with them many times. I won't elaborate because they'll just deny anything I post. Today they incorrectly cancelled my data plan even though I was prepaid for another month. When I protested they said their records say I am wrong. If I ran my business they way they run theirs, I'd be out of business in weeks. They get away with it because too few people pay attention.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaymerkz