Ongoing Mods to my Esky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Mis we’ll fix the Escalade and buy a new suv. Doesn’t really cost much to keep the Escalade around after u fix the tranny. I sold my 2002 Tahoe after I bought my 2011 and now I miss my 2002 sitting in the driveway waiting for me to get home lol.

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mis we’ll fix the Escalade and buy a new suv. Doesn’t really cost much to keep the Escalade around after u fix the tranny. I sold my 2002 Tahoe after I bought my 2011 and now I miss my 2002 sitting in the driveway waiting for me to get home lol.
So ur saying sink the money into the escalade and keep it and buy a newer vehicle for myself?

What would the point be for me to spend the money on the esky and spend money buying something newer?

The whole quandary of the situation is the better use of the money between the two options... as for not costing much.

As I listed above...
-900 for performance build of tranny
-$$$??? For removal and reinstall
-1500 per side for rust repair on rockers

Thats over 4k... Not exactly "not alot of cost to keep the escalade."

All money that could go towards the newer vehicle...

2002 Two Tone Escalade

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s an idea, if you have any local tech schools with a bodyshop you might be able to save some $ on the rockers, I’ve had a couple out this way to work on my previous Tahoe and the work they did came out great, out here they charge $10 an hour for labor plus paint and if you supplied the rockers you would probably be better off, just throwing it out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s an idea, if you have any local tech schools with a bodyshop you might be able to save some $ on the rockers, I’ve had a couple out this way to work on my previous Tahoe and the work they did came out great, out here they charge $10 an hour for labor plus paint and if you supplied the rockers you would probably be better off, just throwing it out there.

My bad on the triple post maybe a mod can delete them, Tapatalk is acting up again

That's not a bad idea... the only issue is the wait to get into the tech schools for work. Round here it's a very popular idea for cheap work... but... the line is soooo long and with them only knocking out a couple of cars (depends on the extent of the jobs) be school year, it just gets ridiculous...

2002 Two Tone Escalade

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tonight, while working I went by a couple of dealerships and checked out the pickups... in stock form they just dont do it for me, especially for the money.

They would either need to be lifted or lowered, then we are back into spending money to modify a vehicle which I would have a payment on...

Maybe keeping the caddy is the way to go... even if it costs a good chunk of change... hopefully the big jobs are far and few between...

And...

I keep driving by the shop where my poor girl is sitting and I cant help but think...

Damn she looks good!

51d9a984d289d29433b8899e2470e623.jpg

2002 Two Tone Escalade

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Tonight, while working I went by a couple of dealerships and checked out the pickups... in stock form they just dont do it for me, especially for the money.

They would either need to be lifted or lowered, then we are back into spending money to modify a vehicle which I would have a payment on...

Maybe keeping the caddy is the way to go... even if it costs a good chunk of change... hopefully the big jobs are far and few between...

And...

I keep driving by the shop where my poor girl is sitting and I cant help but think...

Damn she looks good!

51d9a984d289d29433b8899e2470e623.jpg

2002 Two Tone Escalade
Why yes, yes she does:D

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it saddens me to say, the more I think about it, the closer I get to deciding on selling the caddy.

I prob wont do an official sale post till it's got a working trans in it again, but if you or any member on here is interested in buying it the way it is amd still broken, let me know and I'll try to give you an even better deal for being a part of this great community.

Everything done to it is listed in this thread.

a95c800f026d13fa2df6af3165fe85b6.jpg

2002 Two Tone Escalade

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cons of doing the above:
1. 4k is roughly equal to book value of the caddy.
2. Is this the beginning of the snow ball reaction which in the end does cost me more than a new (to me) vehicle.
3. Selling my caddy would also be a big hit with all that I have already invested in it, but in the end I never expect to get mod investment back out of a vehicle...

Fix the Caddy! Overhaul the original transmission and get the bodywork done at your leisure. It's way less expensive than a car payment and she's yours, money or the value of the truck is not an issue for a guy like you with a Caddy like that. Yeah, they're fully depreciated now but so what? It would cost how much to morph another into looking like yours with all that you've done to it?

If you bought a newer one to start another project, say a 2012 Esky, what would that cost and how long to customize it based on budget and time?

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fix the Caddy! Overhaul the original transmission and get the bodywork done at your leisure. It's way less expensive than a car payment and she's yours, money or the value of the truck is not an issue for a guy like you with a Caddy like that. Yeah, they're fully depreciated now but so what? It would cost how much to morph another into looking like yours with all that you've done to it?

If you bought a newer one to start another project, say a 2012 Esky, what would that cost and how long to customize it based on budget and time?
I just fear it's at the "gambling" stage... where I will do all that to it, and next thing will be the motor, or rust somewhere else, etc etc and it becomes never ending.

Also, with that^ in mind I wouldnt be doing it to another one. I would get something new, or close to new (2 years old or less) and leave it close to the way it is as a daily driver.

Like this 16 srt8 or a new already modded f150 (5.0 not the eco boost)
eadb3a79398c688620b422b026cec263.jpg
dac38b491efa85c95e48a5571f4ae976.jpg
5e287407c0f06ccde857ca77346055c3.jpg

2002 Two Tone Escalade

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just fear it's at the "gambling" stage... where I will do all that to it, and next thing will be the motor, or rust somewhere else, etc etc and it becomes never ending.

Also, with that^ in mind I wouldnt be doing it to another one. I would get something new, or close to new (2 years old or less) and leave it close to the way it is as a daily driver.

Like this 16 srt8 or a new already modded f150 (5.0 not the eco boost)
eadb3a79398c688620b422b026cec263.jpg
dac38b491efa85c95e48a5571f4ae976.jpg
5e287407c0f06ccde857ca77346055c3.jpg

2002 Two Tone Escalade

How about a Raptor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas