Off-road light mounting on a Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a $20 auto zone 55w fog light kit that included wiring and a switch. I cut a piece of angle iron and drilled and tapped screws, bolting that angle iron to the radiator "A" shaped mount you can see through your grille. Then I attatched the light to the top piece of the angle iron so I have lights behind my grille, it looked awesome(some people thought they were police lights like strobes or something), and put out quite a bit of light with headlights and stock fogs on together. You have to be careful not to go all the way through the radiator mount, and remeber that metal is pretty weak, so make sure your angle iron is not really heavy duty. The lights ended up breaking, because of the cheap wiring that came with it, so maybe you could find a better kit, but the set up well

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

You also might be able to mod something like a delta light bar to fit your truck, I know it says for jeep, but those things are sweet

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12010_900.htm

this is the whole list of different setups
http://www.kevinsoffroadmanufacturi...ars-and-lights-c-239_378.html?page=1&sort=20a

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Thanks for all the ideas and pics, guys.

Right now I still haven't decided how I'm going to do this. Kind of putting it off until I have a bit more money to play with anyway. I like a lot of the setups, though. I'd love to mount them in the grill, but have a feeling that would be about the most complicated and expensive way to do it if it was going to turn out looking good....lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GKasey