OEM Denali HID in SLT/SLE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAgency

Reaction score
I've read and appreciated the thread where members have used The Retrofit Source and other solutions for HID lighting upgrades, but has anyone explored the idea of using OEM parts meant for the 2015 Denali to upgrade to HID's?

I would imagine the parts would fit and all electronics would be relatively plug and play, since from GM's standpoint, the less diversification in the basic body electronics between trim levels, the greater the margin in offering better equipment (SLT halogen vs Denali HID).

Granted, factory parts won't be the cheapest route, but then you are perhaps offered better reliability in lieu of all the CanBus and Harness nonsese. Thoughts?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd also have to get the headlights since the bulbs are different. You'd probably spend $3,500 to do that including headlights, bulbs, ballast, wiring.

twhitechurch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no canbus nonsense, you just need the canbus and heavy duty relays. If getting Denali parts is such an importance to you I would have just gotten a Denali. I haven't had any reliability issues what so ever and the lights look stock. My buddy has the Denali and he couldn't tell the difference.

MELLOWYELLOW06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is no canbus nonsense, you just need the canbus and heavy duty relays. If getting Denali parts is such an importance to you I would have just gotten a Denali. I haven't had any reliability issues what so ever and the lights look stock. My buddy has the Denali and he couldn't tell the difference.

Some of the guys who have done the hid lights have used canbus, relay or both. Some still had flickering problems. How are yours? Did you use specific parts you can share the info with us please?

twhitechurch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, I went through the retrofit source, I upgraded the bulb to the xb35, the ballasts are the 3 five, as going to 55 Watt would be horrible for your headlights. I ordered both the canbus and the HD relay kit. I only used one canbus on the input signal line and that's it. The issue with the flickering comes from this, the stock headlight wiring does not have the power to deed both ballasts, however the battery does. The canbus makes sure you don't throw and codes. So when you turn on your headlights the power from the stock wiring goes through the canbus into the relays which flick the switch and power the ballasts from power from the battery Nd not the headlight wiring. That's why you only use one canbus, because both headlights turn on at the same time and so only one input signal is needed.

Hooty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 LT Tahoe and I cannot see at night with the stock halogen. I have been researching this issue for quite some time now and I need some help.

Second, the LED fog lamps look great too.

I would appreciate help from anyone.

Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts