OBS Overhead Console w/ Flip-Down Screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowboyzr2

Reaction score
So was digging around the junkyards a while back and came across two obs Escalades. One if them had an overhead console that I'd never seen before. Looked factory but had a flip down screen.
Came home and did some digging, found an old thread on here with these pictures. It's an Audiovox overhead console.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393086326943973_zpsbffdfb46.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393086309753808_zpsfb13ae28.jpg

I went back the next morning and snagged it for $9 wiring and all! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393086402569320_zps552b7f63.jpg

The factory overhead console screws into it. I took the one out that was in the Escalade because it had the cheesy lick & stick woodgrain on it, and I figured I could get it a little cheaper. Cleaned it up, prepped/painted it and have it roughly mounted in my truck. Needs to be adjusted a little so there are no gaps but I'll do that whenever I put the new screen in it.
null_zpsfe86f009.jpg
null_zps4855d7e2.jpg
null_zps0d96b4d8.jpg

The screen in the existing flip-down was jacked, so I snagged a used screen, DVD player and wiring on eBay for $30 shipped. Once I do a double din swap I'll probably do away with the separate DVD player... And doubt I'll use the VHS player :p
null_zps15714818.jpg

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So was digging around the junkyards a while back and came across two obs Escalades. One if them had an overhead console that I'd never seen before. Looked factory but had a flip down screen.
Came home and did some digging, found an old thread on here with these pictures. It's an Audiovox overhead console.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393086326943973_zpsbffdfb46.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393086309753808_zpsfb13ae28.jpg

I went back the next morning and snagged it for $9 wiring and all! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393086402569320_zps552b7f63.jpg

The factory overhead console screws into it. I took the one out that was in the Escalade because it had the cheesy lick & stick woodgrain on it, and I figured I could get it a little cheaper. Cleaned it up, prepped/painted it and have it roughly mounted in my truck. Needs to be adjusted a little so there are no gaps but I'll do that whenever I put the new screen in it.
null_zpsfe86f009.jpg
null_zps4855d7e2.jpg
null_zps0d96b4d8.jpg

The screen in the existing flip-down was jacked, so I snagged a used screen, DVD player and wiring on eBay for $30 shipped. Once I do a double din swap I'll probably do away with the separate DVD player... And doubt I'll use the VHS player :p
null_zps15714818.jpg

chris , i have the same thing in my ducks unlimited... i have a couple of questions.. i was always wondering what that onyx black insert was and it seems you have LED's in there of some sort? did you do that? also , im still running the original VHS player .. its mainly for the kids and i just picked up a crap load used kids tapes at the second hand store. lastly , what model was that audiovox flipdown unit you plan on installing and will it just go right in place of the existing. oh , and how the hell do you get these consoles down?

thanks man

OP
OP
cowboyzr2

cowboyzr2

Reaction score
chris , i have the same thing in my ducks unlimited... i have a couple of questions.. i was always wondering what that onyx black insert was and it seems you have LED's in there of some sort? did you do that? also , im still running the original VHS player .. its mainly for the kids and i just picked up a crap load used kids tapes at the second hand store. lastly , what model was that audiovox flipdown unit you plan on installing and will it just go right in place of the existing. oh , and how the hell do you get these consoles down?

thanks man

The black insert that I have LED's above has a cover that hides the module for the wireless headphones. I put an LED strip on either side.
The units that go in it are the 640/650 series units.

And as far getting it down, here's the .PDF of the installation manual for it. I had a heck of a time finding this!

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/12022/Audiovox-1181291.html

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The black insert that I have LED's above has a cover that hides the module for the wireless headphones. I put an LED strip on either side.
The units that go in it are the 640/650 series units.

And as far getting it down, here's the .PDF of the installation manual for it. I had a heck of a time finding this!

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/12022/Audiovox-1181291.html

i see. in mine , all the headphones are hard wired... jacks and holders on the C pillar , so maybe that panel is just cosmetic on my application.

thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24