OBS Instrument Clusters (Refurbuished) 96-99 ('00 Denali Escalade). $70 shipped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998Suburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the bench tester for the OBS/GMT 400 instrument clusters and have been rebuilding/testing them for about a year. I've been selling them on eBay and figured I'd put a post up here as it would cut out the middle man and make it cheaper for everyone.

The tester uses the same OEM connector found in the dash and the following functions are checked:
-PRNDL illumination logic check.
-Fuel, Temp, Oil, and Battery voltage gauges are monitored for correct response and logic for the "check gauges" function is verified.
-Speedometers are set for 65-70mph and allowed to accumulate a minimum of 2-3 miles to verify odometer/trip odometer functionality.
-Tachometer function is verified.
-All warning/turn signal lights are checked and cluster illumination is verified. (Note: DRL notification light is model year specific and may/may not be applicable to your vehicle).

Mileage can be adjusted to meet your individual needs. The cost to set mileage within 1K miles is $16 and setting to an exact mileage is $21

Clusters are all in good, used condition. All 4 screw holes/mounting tabs are intact and not cracked so the cluster will be solidly retained once mounted in your dashboard. The cluster may show minor scratches, scuffs, or other imperfections on the cluster lens. There may also be minor chips, scratches and/or a missing dowel.

I currently have 2 clusters available:
-Standard Tahoe, Yukon, Suburban cluster without service 4WD light. Shows 254K miles:
0mph_zpssi21gegj.jpg

70mph_zpsnjgjadgw.jpg

Denali/Escalade cluster with 120mph speedo and service 4WD light. It's a direct plug and play for the standard Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon. 184K miles. The lens on this one is a bit scratched.
70mph_zpsmy51xtrk.jpg
0mph_zpsx0chdklm.jpg
I can provide additional pics of either if desired. As noted above $70 shipped via USPS in the states (except AK and HI). If you need it shipped elsewhere let me know. I'll try to update this as I acquire more inventory.

OP
OP
1998Suburban

1998Suburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Standard cluster is gone. Still have the Denali/Escalade cluster

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123