NP 246 blowing fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bplayer405

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's taken me a while to actually tear down my t-case and see what is actually going on. I have a '99 Tahoe with the Auto 4wd function. I replaced the tccm, switch and encoder trying to remedy the t-case blowing its fuse when trying to shift into anything other than neutral. Well, I finally picked up a used t-case from a '01 Silverado and put it in. It goes into 4wd hi and low, but the service 4wd light comes on in auto. My module might not be playing well with the newer T-case, but at least I have 4wd again, for the moment.

Anyways, I opened up the original t-case to find only one problem area: the shift cam is leaning hard away from the detent setup. It would appear the the cam is binding against the range fork assembly. So I ordered a new bearing and a used shift cam (cannot find a new one with the 2 flat sides).

I also read that the detent setup was done away with in the '03+ t-cases. My thinking is to either lessen the spring pressure on the detent ball so it doesn't overly wear out the bearing or just do away with it. Has anyone had any experience with these t-cases and ran into the issue I have?1ebe28ad652edd402da73cbe06fe45b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had mine rebuilt and had the pump rub fix done to it. How many miles are on yours?

OP
OP
B

bplayer405

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just over 200,000. Mine has 0 pump wear on the case. The clip was still doing its job. Reminds me I need to order a pump saver...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick