Now My DRLs Are Out.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mater

Reaction score
could be a loose connection and the testing you did just reseated every thing.

the metal part of the connectors can loose tension after a wile

OP
OP
Mean_Green

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've checked them a few times in recent days and they worked. Checked this morning before I headed out and they worked. But sometime during the day, they stopped. Beginning to wonder if that diode block is failing.

OP
OP
Mean_Green

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could this stuff have somehow gotten turned off or altered in programming if the PCM was affected?

Both the DRLs and the Interior Courtesy Lights?

jayburn22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can't remember them ever working on our 2001 Tahoe.. I recently installed a new headlight assembly and put all new bulbs in.

The side-markers were both dead, I replaced them with 2 cheap LEDs I had laying around. They are working 100% now.

I put two new "orange/amber" blinker bulbs in and they are working 100%.. the left one was faded and cracked and w/ this clear assembly I just wanted to be safe.

As for the DRLs I even put two new bulbs in each and neither work.. I honestly did not try much to resolve the issue outside a few things already suggested.

Oh well, she's an old truck and not too worried.. Been more concerned about standard bulbs vs LEDs. I got a super cheap set and the high-beam (9005s) work great, not as bright as I hoped but better than what I had.

I was going to fiddle around more but I gave up, I just hope the blinkers & side-markers last awhile as these aftermarket assembly's are a pain in the rear to pop in and out. I have to loosen the grill just to pop out the driver-side headlight assembly, not difficult but annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia