Not thrilled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raress9596

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do I start? Long time Chevy owner. Must have owned 20 new ones and I've never been as unhappy as with my 2015i LT. I couldn't wait to get it. Sorry I didn't rent one for a few days first. Not knocking the truck just being honest. Here's my list of beefs and complaints.

1) Headlights are dull as hell. I pull up close behind the car in front of me to check for a reflection to see if they're on. On an unlit street I have to use my fog lights in conjunction with the headlights.

2) Seats are hard as a rock compared to my 2012 Tahoe.

3) Window fog up at will. Have to keep the defroster on at all times because I never know when it'll happen.

4) Dreaded water leak from antenna. Dealer has a new one on order. Brought it in and they knew what it was right away but they had to pull down the headliner to check for the leak anyway as per G.M. procedures. then they'll have to pull it down again to replace it. Guaranteed rattles.

5) Navigation sucks. If I enter a destination where the street I'm looking for is a numbered street which is often) it refuses to get directions to that address. It suggests all different addresses. Onstar operators are very nice and they enter the destination for me but after my trial runs out I'll have to pay for this service? My iphone works pefect in these situations.

6) Voice recognition works when it wants.

7) When I use the blue tooth hand free people have a hard time understanding me they say it's all garbled. I think maybe it was related to the water leak?

8) I have an issue with the gas pedal being too low compared to the brake pedal. The brake pedal rubs the side of my shoe. On occasion my foot gets caught behind the brake pedal. ( not funny).

9) Lane departure warning is a pita and I have it shut. Dodging potholes has the seat shaking all the time otherwise.

10) If I'm in the left hand lane in stop and go traffic and there's a center divider the parking assist thinks I'm parking and shakes the seats agin. I shut that off also when driving.

I travel alot for my company doing sale and rack up alot of miles fast. I usually keep them 2 years. This one is going to be gone alot sooner. Hopefully G.M. improves on these quirks. I'd hate to buy anything else next truck.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, that sucks. I'm not having any of those issues. I'm thinking you have some warranty work that needs to be done unfortunately.

The only thing I have noticed is the that the front parking sensors do turn on in stop and go traffic and can be a little annoying. I'm not in that situation all that often so I just deal with it. I do really like that they turn on when I slow down and am in a parking situation.

malexgcab

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Our frontal collision warning will go off automatically but it won't light up if I'm close to a vehicle ahead. Smh

OP
OP
raress9596

raress9596

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of my unhappiness with the new Tahoe are in the design not warranty issues. The leaky antenna they're taking care of. My dealer is awesome.
Another thing I noticed. Okay so today it's 10 degrees out but forgetting today when the temps are in the 20's I remote start the truck even twice and the heater is barely blowing lukewarm air. My 2012 is nice and toasty after remote starting it.

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree on the weak headlights. How GM doesn't offer HID head lights standard on a $50K+ vehicle is baffling to me.

Terrell2014

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am 4 months in and 4 thousand miles on my 2015 Yukon. I love it, but it leaves me scratching my head at the small issues I have encountered, daily since getting it. I went in for first oil change and had three recalls. The front seat moves when turning, they are now replacing the front seat completely? really- not sure whats going on...

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree on the weak headlights. How GM doesn't offer HID head lights standard on a $50K+ vehicle is baffling to me.
Completely agree on headlights. I almost modified them the first time I drove mine. Was catching flak because I was annoyed with a brand new car.

The blind spots are bad too.

I'm actually going to get rid of mine after 4000 miles.

AZRiverRunner

Reaction score
I'm sorry you're having all these problems. I've had mine for 2 months, 3,000 miles, none of these problems so far. I drive a lot at night, through the desert and the headlights are the same bright as my 2003 HD 2500, HID would be nice, LED even better, but I bought it knowing they were not HID or LED. My only gripes are how slow the reaction of the Mylink system is to touch commands and the actual gas mileage is not close to the EPA estimate. I get 18.5-20.5 HWY at 75mph.

I rented one in Texas for a hunting trip and put about 400 miles on it. No problems on that one either, it had about 7,000 miles on it. (got same HWY MPG as mine), and the headlights functioned the same.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
metal2forall