Nos Kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Excon11

Banned
Reaction score
I can get hooked up on a NY-TREX Triple Threat EFI Wet Nitrous Kit for my Tahoe. Any one ever have a nos hookup in their Tahoe/Yukon? I saw one with a ZEX kit for sale a while ago but know nothing about them. Is it worth it to get and install, safe? It looks killer with the tank in the back but don't wanna kill myself. Any feedback would be great thanks!

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion, if you are not seriously drag racing at a strip, nitrous oxide is rice.

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion but I dont like NOS Ive seen to many cars/trucks f'd up cause of it.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
BS TO above statment. Ive done many installs of the kits NO PROBLEM EVER. Problems is when you use 150 shot on a stock truck lol

best kit by far is the harris speed works kit. do a 75 shot and you will be happy.

here is a video of my tbss on a 75 shot with their kit.

http://www.youtube.com/blowntbss#p/u/6/wB37go4S8b0

viximaging

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nitrous is very fun. Each kit is pretty much the same with a few minor differences. There is nothing more unsafe about nitrous compared to any other form of FI. And there is nothing rice about it lol. Except calling it NOS all the time and judging the shot by the size of the bottle lol.

With the proper saftey equipment and tune nitrous is a very fun and addicting power adder. I would opt for proper safety measures with any kit. Of course a bottle warmer, purge, fuel safety cut off switch, pressure gauge, blow down tube etc.. I would aslo go with the FJO nitrous controller. Esp for dbw applications. A custom dyno tune is also good to have.

you will not kill yourself. I had a friend trying to blow his motor before installing his forged motor and he sprayed it to living hell... It took 4 back to back runs with an open nitrous line (no jets) before it started knocking lol

Last edited:

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ look at how these threads typically start - NOS, big bottle, looks cool, etc... I guess it's the application and use. Excon, not calling you out, this is just an observation. Excon it would help to see what your use is and expectations so those with experience can provide useful guidance.

Don't get me wrong, I like power and having fun. I prefer having power that is not limited by supplementary fuel and available for longer periods (not just drag racing).

Just my opinion :gr_grin:.

rice.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Excon11

Excon11

Banned
Reaction score
^ look at how these threads typically start - NOS, big bottle, looks cool, etc... I guess it's the application and use. Excon, not calling you out, this is just an observation. Excon it would help to see what your use is and expectations so those with experience can provide useful guidance.

Don't get me wrong, I like power and having fun. I prefer having power that is not limited by supplementary fuel and available for longer periods (not just drag racing).

Just my opinion :gr_grin:.

View attachment 3688

Well I figured it would be a fun little boost of HP to go along with my soon to be BB tune and besides the looks don't hurt either. I'd never take my tahoe to the drag strip but for where I drive sometimes long flat empty roads id be nice to get a little kick and have more fun while I drive.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
I would just go for a head/cam combo. Nos is at the end of my list. The amount of time you would use it is so limited. It would be like a train horn. Cool to have but how many times are u gonna use it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo