Noise out of passenger side rear door speaker?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J5races

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced noise (kind of like alternator whine but really only at just off idle). The sound is like connected to throttle. There is this low throttle sweet spot when its there and giving it a tiny
bit more gas and the sound stops until you get back into that low range again.

It seemed to show up the moment I clamped the muffler valve open. I might have just noticed it then. I had a family member ride around and listen for the sound and he said its definitely coming from just the one speaker. The electronics of the vehicle are completely stock. Only thing I touched was adding the Boost/AFR gauge but the noise was there before that. I have since added a Whipple Gen V kit but noise was there before.

I don't believe the truck (2018 Tahoe Premier) has been in any accidents. Its like under certain condition interference is getting into the circuit that makes the sounds for turn signals, etc.

Has anyone experienced this before? Anyone have tips or place to start in diagnosing the annoying sound.

Thank you,
Jon

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced noise (kind of like alternator whine but really only at just off idle). The sound is like connected to throttle. There is this low throttle sweet spot when its there and giving it a tiny
bit more gas and the sound stops until you get back into that low range again.

It seemed to show up the moment I clamped the muffler valve open. I might have just noticed it then. I had a family member ride around and listen for the sound and he said its definitely coming from just the one speaker. The electronics of the vehicle are completely stock. Only thing I touched was adding the Boost/AFR gauge but the noise was there before that. I have since added a Whipple Gen V kit but noise was there before.

I don't believe the truck (2018 Tahoe Premier) has been in any accidents. Its like under certain condition interference is getting into the circuit that makes the sounds for turn signals, etc.

Has anyone experienced this before? Anyone have tips or place to start in diagnosing the annoying sound.

Thank you,
Jon
Check your battery terminals for corrosion or a loose connection don’t gorilla the connections though, otherwise it could be a million things from blown speaker to bad alternator ground

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT

Latest posts