Noise in right rear wheel....help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have what sounds to be a squeaking noise coming from the right rear of my YUKON.....It squeaks with the revolutions of the wheel. The faster I go, the faster it squeaks. It doesn't go away under mild or hard breaking. I have noticed it will kinda go away when I make sharp turns....any ideas?????

ghostworks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have what sounds to be a squeaking noise coming from the right rear of my YUKON.....It squeaks with the revolutions of the wheel. The faster I go, the faster it squeaks. It doesn't go away under mild or hard breaking. I have noticed it will kinda go away when I make sharp turns....any ideas?????

Could be something is caught between your brake disc and the brake shield...

Ironman1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what year is your kon.. do you have disks or drums. if you have drums if could be like my old hoe.. had a small piece of a spring that broke trapped between the drum and the shoe rubbing and a sharp turn was enough to flex the drum while i was turning to stop it for a sec then as soon as i went straight it would start again. easy check.. pull off your wheel and the drum and see if things fall out.

Big Hungry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it could also be the emergency brake worn down and the noise could be metal on metal which is never good

OP
OP
TWITCH101

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
checked my brakes and have plenty of pading.....is the emergency brake a different pad inside the disc or something cause the pads I looked at were good.

emseedee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought I had a similar issue...could possibly be rear transfer case. May want to check your seal, see if you it is leaking at all which would put you low. I could look at old paperwork.

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there a write-up on adjusting the e-brake? my rear disk brake is dragging and has scraped a nice sized groove in the rotor. im always forgetting to let up the e-brake so i suspect it to be dragging now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019