No more wireless charging (for now?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
would be nice if they credited you what they will then charge to add it back later when the chip shortage is over, somehow I doubt the charge would be just $75

Gmo79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On a side note, I do like the wireless charging, but the wireless CarPlay is still a little buggy (not sure its just a chevy issue and Apple doesn't have some blame in that too), so I am still hardwiring my phone which defeats the need of the wireless charging... sure hope they figure that one out.

What kind of bug are you having?

FWIW it works perfectly in my Escalade. I don’t think it’s Apple related.

AngeloUCF

Reaction score
On a side note, I do like the wireless charging, but the wireless CarPlay is still a little buggy (not sure its just a chevy issue and Apple doesn't have some blame in that too), so I am still hardwiring my phone which defeats the need of the wireless charging... sure hope they figure that one out.
Mine was super buggy (wouldn't connect after remote starts or just randomly) until they replaced the head unit, now it works flawlessly.

AngeloUCF

Reaction score
I never use my wireless charger since it's in a spot where I usually store sunglasses and other stuff. I wish they put the charger in the armrest like the previous gen.

Dez78n

Reaction score
I've had wireless charging in the last 2 cars I've had an never used it once. The 1st one my phone was too big unless I took it out of the case every time, and now I'm just too lazy to take the pop socket off the case to use the wireless charging. Maybe if I had a smaller phone I'd use it more, Idk

tabraha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use the wireless charging daily... Big loss IMO
Same here. Set it in the tray and forget it. Enjoy the wireless carplay and arrive at destination with a battery that is full. No futzing around with cables etc.

scott53

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Android phone and wireless charging has never worked reliably in my 2019 Camro SS or my 2021 Tahoe.

waynehead99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What kind of bug are you having?

FWIW it works perfectly in my Escalade. I don’t think it’s Apple related.
Nothing too major, sometimes it takes a bit to connect (I think it uses the WiFi from the phone to do the connection), but this could be because I am still connected to my WiFi at home.

Plus it is laggy compared to hardwired when changing songs.

Overall it does work, but I will say that the hardwired is still a better experience.

Gmo79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That doesn’t sound right. Sounds silly but try and reboot your phone. It connects via Bluetooth not WiFi.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
That doesn’t sound right. Sounds silly but try and reboot your phone. It connects via Bluetooth not WiFi.
You may wish to look into it some more. Wireless CarPlay uses Bluetooth to initiate a connection but switches to WiFi after the initiation because Bluetooth does not have the bandwidth to support all the functionality.

I have similar results as @waynehead99 with my Pioneer. Laggy and inconsistent behavior wirelessly compared to the wired connection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk