No four door K5?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TeaDubya2011

The Phenomenal Hoe
Reaction score
usually when ford made a new model of anything, chevy followed up. and as vice versa. i love the four door broncos but how come there was no four door k5? not the little s10 blazers, i mean the big k5's with the removable tops. If there is a four door k5, please tell me. am i the only one who has wondered this??

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They never made one, there would be no room for back doors with a wheelbase that short. I guess thats why they made the suburban.

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
You know what this subject is really funny too me. I was walking through the parking lot of a Lowes hardware store, I saw the front end of late 70's Ford Bronco. I began to look away but then I noticed the Bronco was a 4 door. I remember thinking, "WTF, Bronco didn't make a 4 door."

As I was standing looking at it when the owner, a Lowes employee, came out to greet me. He told me the truck was his father's and he recently passed it down to him and he was going to do a full restore since the 4 doors were so rare.

Ever since, I have yet to see another 4 door Ford Bronco.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they were not made by ford just a heads up... they were made by conversion companys and thats why chevy never made a 4 dr to comepete with the one ford "made"

it has been done to a suburban with the rear section of a blazer grafted tot he back of it. i can post the pic later

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is one of those conversion Broncos in town. Looks pretty good. You can do the same with a Blazer/Suburban I'm sure. Just take lots of welding. LOL

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Yep they didn't make a 4 door K5. I have seen people take the suburban's and convert them to have removable tops to give the same effect but that would be the only way to achieve what you are looking for.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:hmm: nojeep just blew my mind :eek: where did that come from and did they actually produce that????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf

Latest posts