No Crank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tiktok4321

tiktok4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mechanic just told me he can't make it back 'til Friday. Blech. Yeah - I can clear the codes and start it again with my little OBDII, but I'm a bit scared.
Truck has 300,000 miles on it. But replacements are $$$

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't blame you.. rpm going to redline at startup sounds really ******* stuff.

what obd do you have? if it's torque app. you might be able to add some pids to at least see the hybrid battery info. don't know if it will help with this issue. but it's nice to know what it's doing.

OP
OP
tiktok4321

tiktok4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't blame you.. rpm going to redline at startup sounds really ******* stuff.

what obd do you have? if it's torque app. you might be able to add some pids to at least see the hybrid battery info. don't know if it will help with this issue. but it's nice to know what it's doing.
I have some of those pids on Torque. Would not have helped in this situation, I don't think.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah.. only thing I've seen is if they hybrid battery is really dead, it can rev the engine itself trying to charge it. but yeah, sounds like you have much more going on.

probably best to let the mechanic look at it. I would be curious if you have a requested throttle position on the scanner while it's doing it. as in does the ecm controlling this, or is it a unrequested revving.

just me thinking out loud. probably not a great idea to start it again till you're sure it won't keep doing it.

OP
OP
tiktok4321

tiktok4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to close this thread because I found the BCU fuse issue. Started a new thread with the TECH readouts. I guess I can't close the thread, but let's reconvene on the new thread. :) Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660