No crank no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SertOper8r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I bought my son a 99 Yukon and he went out to crank out the other day and it clicked like the battery was dead. We attempted to jump it off and got nothing, lights and everything comes on but no crank or start! I had him hook the battery up to the charger and once at 100% hooked it back to the Yukon and still nothing. Not even a clicking or anything. The keyless entry also stopped working at or around the same time! I’m completely stumped and he gets his license in two weeks and starts work so I need to fix this thing!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

As @PNW VietVet suggested, try directly jumping the solenoid first, to see if the starter responds. My ignition switch failed in my 97 Yukon (RIP), and the symptoms were the same as what you are experiencing now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700