NO Air Out Of Front Floor Vents REAR HVAC Not Working Properly Related?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
Hello guys,

So my heat blows hot (doesn't warm up as quick as my turbo4 lol) but it blows hot it just isn't coming out of the vents I am directing it to come out, which would lead me to believe I have a vacuum leak. The weird thing is I can't find one and when I switch the buttons flaps are moving but it just seems to TRICKLE out the DRIVERS SIDE FLOOR vents and with temps in the 20s this morning my legs were freezing all the way home.

Now in the back, the HVAC is getting hot coolant/AC to the unit, confirmed by touch the housing and feeling warmth/cold. There are two actuators on the back unit that controls HOT vs COLD and CEILING vs FLOOR. Do these actuators go bad? Is my front issue affecting the actuators in the back?

Any ideas? Im going to check to make sure all "ducting" is hooked up correctly because on the drivers side it does feel like the manifold or duct is super loose, is that standard?

Anyway going outside to put the interior back together as much as possible after tearing it all apart to "decommission/re-commission it for myself lol time to get this Leather Steering Wheel on

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One or more of your actuators is out of sync and or going bad. A Tech2 will tell you instantly which ones and why. You can also do a relearn without the Tech2 and see if that clears things up but will still need a way to clear codes first. If not, you'll have to replace the offending actuator. Is yours manual or automatic?

B0228 is for the recirculate actuator.
B0413 is for the drivers air temperature actuator.
B0423 is for the passenger air temperature actuator.
B0433 is for the auxiliary air temperature actuator.
B3779 is for the mode actuator.
B3782 is for the auxiliary mode actuator.

OP
OP
jmm121783

jmm121783

Reaction score
Wow I dont know how my response never uploaded to this thread, mustve been a issue on my cell phone.....anyway my response was:

No CELs on at all, unless my CEL light is bad. How do I relearn the actuators? Any posts, links or videos would be great. Also is this a common issue? My climate control is manual, aka I set the temps and the fan speeds. I will mention that the front blower needs to be turned up to the highest 2-3 positions to get any REAL volume out of any of the vents, could I have a slowly dying blower motor in the front or a clogged cabin filter?

Thanks for the help hoping to get this solved soon!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No check engine light, the codes are internal when the issue is not drivetrain related. These trucks do not come with a cabin filter unless you back fit one in. The blower motor could be going bad or could be straining to do its job because of an actuator. Youtube has videos but you must clear the codes first.

OP
OP
jmm121783

jmm121783

Reaction score
So even if there are no CELs a Tech2 or similar device has to be plugged in to "reset" the ECM or would this be the BCM?

Going to check YouTube now

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your CEL (Check Engine Light) is not going to light up because of an A/C or other non-drivetrain related problem.

If you want to do a relearn of your A/C systems actuators, you have to clear the codes for those actuators first.

OP
OP
jmm121783

jmm121783

Reaction score
Again so bottom line is I need someone with a device to clear that sort of code correct? I can't "goto autozone" and get this figured out?

My front blower motor has to be fine because when I blast it out the top vents it works great. Its just super weird that when I have it on floor only it still comes out the windshield vent and barely comes out the floor AT ALL.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't think Autozone would have such a tool but it cannot hurt to ask.

Let me renew the call for a map, showing the cities where the folks on here live (if they choose to participate). This is so we can get in touch with folks nearby for help or to help or whatever.

A Tech2 could've given you an answer a week ago, either fixed it in minutes or told you exactly what needs doing.

OP
OP
jmm121783

jmm121783

Reaction score
Well, I don't think Autozone would have such a tool but it cannot hurt to ask.

Let me renew the call for a map, showing the cities where the folks on here live (if they choose to participate). This is so we can get in touch with folks nearby for help or to help or whatever.

A Tech2 could've given you an answer a week ago, either fixed it in minutes or told you exactly what needs doing.

I agree SWATHDIVER, a map would be a great feature so that we could hang out and get together with people willing to participate in such shenanigans lol. I should just post something on craigslist asking for someone with a tech2 and will pay them 20$ to scan and help out for an half hour or hour!

BACK TO THE HVAC, I will also update the first thread so that all the info is in the first post. I got to inspect a little more and I am getting ZERO air at all out of the feet no matter what the setting, feet or anything. When I do have it on the feet ALL OF THE AIR comes out of the WINDSHIELD vent....is there a way to sync this actuators? Could this be why my REAR HVAC is all goofy?

OP
OP
jmm121783

jmm121783

Reaction score
well idk who did it but I just realized the Check Engine Light, Cruise Control Light, Low Gas Light, and god knows what other lights aren't working on my truck. Idk if they were uninstalled by Asia Motors the place I bought my truck from or if the govt had them taken out but this is pretty wild to me, seems almost illegal to be able to sell a car without a working light.

Anyway Im gonna have to pull the cluster and see whats up, if the bulbs are missing, bad or blown or possibly disconnected. This sucks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900