Nitto terra grappler AT tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe jennabear was running them on her truck at one point. Search her posts cause I believe she had put up her thoughts on them.

OP
OP
B

bravo2

Reaction score
I got the Nitto Terra Grapplers 265/75-16 put on last friday. Anyone have this tire size on there tahoe/suburban? Whats your air pressure set at on your nitto tires? Mine are D rated 265/75-16? Its listed as 65 psi max but not sure were to set it. Its on 45 psi now. The people who put the tires on was going to put it at 50 psi. I just want to get the best performance and wear out of it and like to know anyone who has these tires what they end up setting theres at.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
set it to factory tire pressure as per owner manual and door label.

the max pressure listed on the sidewall has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

OP
OP
B

bravo2

Reaction score
I found out that since its a LT metric tire and not a p-metric tire that its post to be set at 50 psi and not 35 psi like a p-metric tire that origianally would come on the vehicle.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I have a post a couple threads down on these...I'm looking for best prices on them.

If anyone has good links, let me know please. As of right now, the cheapest I've found in 305/50/20's is about $230/per tire, plus another several hundred for shipping. That's insane and I won't pay that much, so looking for a better deal.

Eagle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who ever told you you have to run 50 because they are stiffer tires is a goober.

50 on an LT is when you are carrying several thousand lbs of cargo and need to air it up to get the contact patch corrected.

otherwise the difference between the same light duty truck on LT and P is never more than 5 lbs IME, when there is an actual difference specified from the manufacturer.
If it rides ok at 45 there is NO reason to increase it to 50, and might be a good reason to try it at 40.

Eagle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, that is a great and concise article.

I'd try 40- 45 range... 50 is just excessive/knee jerk. You might wind up with a poor contact patch and excessive center wear at that pressure.

OP
OP
B

bravo2

Reaction score
I am wondering that too also. The tires looks though it needs more air.