Nice Ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antonm

Reaction score
Heck, I have two Cummins powered trucks that are manual transmission (both are 4x4). I have to replace the clutch in those at about the same interval or less, which obviously requires the transmissions and transfer cases to come down, so I guess I'm not that opposed to removing transmissions every so often.

Maybe materials have gotten better, but having been a gearhead for decades and played with everything from motorcycle racing to farm tractors, I've never had good experience with oil wet belts in anything. I think it's the cheap way out, not the best way, and if they're willing to be cheap on something as important as the oil pump, what other engineering decisions did the accountants get to make?

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a 2018 Escalade ESV for the wife. A creampuff. We have rented several '21, 23 and recently a '24 suburbans. The new LT suburban rides nicer than her Cadillac ! The new platform is a huge winner in most categories. I would never own it without the Dmax. My dealer has a motor warranty for lifters, cam and even bottom end constantly. Told me its a nightmare. Love the truck but would only rent it or buy it in a Dmax. Nobody touches this platform for thr money and size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exceltheink

Latest posts