Newb with Multiple Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BradzTahoeStuff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Based on what I've perused out here, lots of great info and help and talent, so here goes:

16 Tahoe LT, dealer swapped rims from 20 to 22 at no charge. This one had a fairly new option package called "LT Appearance Package" or maybe LT Chrome Appearance Package... lots of goodies but so new the sales guys had barely heard of it.

ONE: Looking for recommendations on seat covers -- specifically the front drivers seat where I am nearly certain my arse is going to wear out the side leather getting in and out, even using the gizmo that lowers the seat and such for easy exit. I'm a little hesitant to use the running board as a step full-time at my weight.

TWO: Per note above, have not flashed the computer changing from 20 to 22. And, oddly, computer mileage around town is pretty low IMO at 14.5 ish. Are these related? Or, just engine break in? Other feedback on the computer flash for rim size change.

THREE: Where do folks buy their big bow tie coverage 'stickers'? And, more importantly, anyone know if / where bow ties can be found to cover the center cap... small ish at like 2 inches and change on these rims.

FOUR: Anyone ever post an FAQ of all the tricks and treats from settings -- i.e. parking settings, seat settings etc. Dealer prep guy walked through the basics, just wondering if anyone has dug deep and identified all the cool stuff that I'm sure I'm missing.

For what it's worth for others, I found MaxLiner mats for the entire rig on Amazaon for $200. Fit great up front and behind the 3rd row, the middle section (2 separate mats) fits good, not great... with a little creative trimming they'll be fine I think.

Thank you all in advance for your feedback.

Brad

El_Pee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The difference between the 20s and 22s shouldn't effect your MPGs or anything related to the computer so long as the tire's outer circumference is the same.

OP
OP
BradzTahoeStuff

BradzTahoeStuff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
About 3 inches different... sales rep and I figured going 75 MPH the speedometer would show about 73.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer can and should change the PCM for the new wheels and tires. Sounds like a nice truck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84