New

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zero8 Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all. My wife decided she didn’t like her 2017 Ford Fusion and asked me if I’d find her a “10 year old General Motors SUV with a third row seat”. After almost a year of listening to her, I finally told her to sell her car and I’d find her one. She sold it on a Monday evening and I found this 08 Yukon Denali on Thursday. 122,000 miles and kept super clean. I have some questions that I’ll be searching for answers to and hopefully add something in return.

I’m a lifetime shade tree mechanic. We were too poor to pay anyone to do anything so if we wanted it done we had to learn ourselves.

I’m currently driving a 1996 Ford Ranger with 370,000+/- original miles. 2.3L Lima engine. A couple of timing belts and water pumps for maintenance sake and a new pilot bearing on the transmission because after 275,000 miles, it just wore out.
It sounds like I’m a Ford guy but I’m not. :emotions133:

Thanks for having me.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum.

The folks here eagerly share their experiences, offer their perspectives, and answer questions submitted by other members. Ask away, but please try to be as specific as you can on each question, so that you receive the most accurate answers.

Good luck with your new-to-you truck!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hello all. My wife decided she didn’t like her 2017 Ford Fusion and asked me if I’d find her a “10 year old General Motors SUV with a third row seat”. After almost a year of listening to her, I finally told her to sell her car and I’d find her one. She sold it on a Monday evening and I found this 08 Yukon Denali on Thursday. 122,000 miles and kept super clean. I have some questions that I’ll be searching for answers to and hopefully add something in return.

I’m a lifetime shade tree mechanic. We were too poor to pay anyone to do anything so if we wanted it done we had to learn ourselves.

I’m currently driving a 1996 Ford Ranger with 370,000+/- original miles. 2.3L Lima engine. A couple of timing belts and water pumps for maintenance sake and a new pilot bearing on the transmission because after 275,000 miles, it just wore out.
It sounds like I’m a Ford guy but I’m not. :emotions133:

Thanks for having me.

Welcome, Danny! Smart lady you've got there. Great find on a well kept, low milage Denali.

A fun thing to do is obtain the build sheet by contacting GM through the online portal with your VIN. They will email it to you in PDF form. It will decode all of the RPO codes from the sticker in the glove box and really familiarize you with your equipment.

OP
OP
Zero8 Yukon

Zero8 Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome, Danny! Smart lady you've got there. Great find on a well kept, low milage Denali.

A fun thing to do is obtain the build sheet by contacting GM through the online portal with your VIN. They will email it to you in PDF form. It will decode all of the RPO codes from the sticker in the glove box and really familiarize you with your equipment.

I just sent the email requesting a build sheet. Thanks for the heads up. Just a couple of hours ago I took a pic of the sticker in the glove box so I can figure out if it has auto ride or magneride suspension.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just sent the email requesting a build sheet. Thanks for the heads up. Just a couple of hours ago I took a pic of the sticker in the glove box so I can figure out if it has auto ride or magneride suspension.
on the GMT900 platform the Denali will not have Z95 magnetic ride, it will have Z55 autoride which is similar but the z95 has different fluid which supposedly gives it a slightly better ride control, the options are listed alphabetically on the glove box list

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645