New XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First post. New to forum. Long time car guy, but new to SUV's.

Got my Denali XL 21 May. Wanted the Duramax without the Ultimate Package gizmos, so ordered on 2 Feb, just in time to go on a growing wait list. It was clear I'd never find what I wanted on a lot as dealers clearly are oriented to upfitting every vehicle. Dealer said they'd ordered and sold a few Duramax Sierra's but mine was the first Yukon.

As others have noted, when it arrived, it was almost what I ordered. Main issue was the Max Trailer Pkg which I wanted, but didn't get. Got electric running boards I didn't want, so . . . Dealer said I could turn it down and they would have it sold in a day or two, but since I'd already waited almost four months, I accepted it.

Now with 500 miles, I suppose I can start driving it a little harder. So far, I like it a lot. Still haven't figured out all the bells and whistles, but it has plenty of power for expected uses. As I anticipated, it runs up to 70 or so quite nicely, but from there it's a bit more leisurely. OK by me, I've had lots of quick cars but now as an old guy I find the comfort and roominess quite welcome.

Haven't done much to it yet. Installed 3M Pro Invisimask across the front bumper and lights and put the accessory mud flaps on the rear. Got my techie son to put some movies on flash drives so the grandkids can be entertained. Ordering a dashmat as soon as I decide what color to get. I like the light ash interior, but matching aftermarket stuff to it will be a problem.

I've already learned some things from this forum, and look forward to learning more along with all of you.

Gary

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now with 500 miles, I suppose I can start driving it a little harder. So far, I like it a lot. Still haven't figured out all the bells and whistles, but it has plenty of power for expected uses. As I anticipated, it runs up to 70 or so quite nicely, but from there it's a bit more leisurely. OK by me, I've had lots of quick cars but now as an old guy I find the comfort and roominess quite welcome.

Gary
Same here, I'm impressed with the Dmax and feel I've dodged a bullet with the lifter issues the V8's are experiencing. I'm at 760 miles and no issues. Smooth. Quicker than I thought. 25MPG. Love all the extra space. Best of luck with yours !

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts