New vehicle recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great point. Definitely something to consider.
If you go 2020 you are in the previous body style; I'd vote 2021 or higher as the price diff isn't significant 20 to 21.

On the 21's and up; the used prices are really dropping. If you don't need a truck right now I'd wait.
On the new, inventory is increasing and price reductions are getting easier; I'd also wait.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your feedback. Ive never owned a diesel but worry about diesel prices at the pump. Any other diesel engine concerns other rhan that turbo? Im leaning towards the yukon xl denali with 6.2, but will consider a 5.3 suburban also as thats the current vehicle and we had no issues with it.
Diesels also don't like short trips. Another thing - the current Yukon/Tahoe has more cargo space than the 2015-20 Yukon XL/Suburban since they stretched it quite a bit...

OP
OP
T

Themadangler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Diesels also don't like short trips. Another thing - the current Yukon/Tahoe has more cargo space than the 2015-20 Yukon XL/Suburban since they stretched it quite a bit...
That's interesting to learn. My current 2014 suburban just barely fits into my garage. I'll have to compare the length of newer ones.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This DMax is very happy doing regen's in town (using DEF to self clean the exhaust); my ecoDiesel isn't nearly as forgiving.
FYI, this is simply not factual. DEF is used daily as it is running to reduce NOX emissions and had nothing to do with regens. Regens are nothing but fuel and heat to burn off the DPF....

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, this is simply not factual. DEF is used daily as it is running to reduce NOX emissions and had nothing to do with regens. Regens are nothing but fuel and heat to burn off the DPF....
I should have been more specific; but it isn't entirely not factual as.
Regens increased exhaust temps which will require more DEF in the SCR (catalytic converter) to keep the NOx numbers within spec, so in that sense, DEF is used more during a regeneration.

DEF and Regens are connected.

Sean Michael

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would like to piggyback on this thread because I had a similar question and don't think there's a need start a new topic about it.

I have a 2019 Tahoe with 36K miles, no mechanical problems so far. I've been considering upgrading to a 2023 and going with a fully-loaded High County trim (current 2019 is an LT). This isn't a need situation, I just want more options, like ventilated seats and the 6.2L motor, and the newer 10-speed transmission and IRS sounds nice. It's easy to find discussions on both generations about issues, like transmission issues with the 15-19s, lifter issues with 21s and some 22s, and seemingly more 'electrical gremlins' with the 21+ generation.

Would it be a mistake to trade in a perfectly working 2019 for a 2023? Are the newer rigs actually more reliable than the prior generation despite the issues I see posted here? I would like a newer Tahoe, but all the talk about lifter issues, the 6.2s spinning bearings and/or locking up, and the electrical gremlin talk is concerning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts