New to TYF, not to chevy's...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevy raised

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone. good looking forums you got here. i like how its divided by generations to make it easier to find info on a particular year.

I'm on my second Tahoe now. 2010 LT2 2wd in graphite grey w/grey leather.
first one was a 2002 Z-71 black on tan leather.
wife wanted the new one for the better comfort (new IFS and quieter cabin) and safety for our twins.
i loved the '02 and intended to use it for a camping and tow rig but the new one should do fine. (both had/have the tow pkg)

anyway, like my name implies i've been around chevy's all my life and when i'm not tinkering with my japanese drift cars, i drive a bowtie. building up a 1995 240sx to full drift spec with parts i brought back from japan so i can sell it and use the money for a down payment on a camaro 2SS. as soon as i heard they were ressurecting the camaro i had to have one. then i saw it and instantly knew i WOULD have one. the '10 tahoe might delay it a bit but that just gives me time for the z-28 to drop! :)

oh and my first car was a 1965 El Camino, bought new by my grandpa in '65.
i was 16 and could barely afford gas so i did the right thing and gave it to my dad who has done some great work to it and is still not done. paint, new chrome, redone interior, 327 crate with cam, edelbrock carb/mani, blackjack headers, MSD 6al, K&N, straigh pipes, built TH400 and 15" torque thrusts. its scary fast because its still got the drum brakes all around hahaha i told him 2" drop spindles and disc brakes are next, along with a nice differential so i stop calling it "ol' peg leg" haha
its a great heirloom and i cant wait to give the keys to my son someday.
(i'll still be in the camaro!)

thanks for reading and i look forward to chatting with you all.
btw i am also on the camaro5 and moderncamaro forums as BowTieDrifter
:Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65