New to the group and looking for suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaptainPurp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings from Alabama you guys So after searching high and low I’ve finally got a 213 Tahoe with 1217xx miles and I’m happy as shit. I’ve got some 24 inch snowflakes put on and I put her in the interstate to go grab some meat for a cookout tomorrow and I was super impressed with my ride after upgrading from factory wheels and tires. Only thing I’m missing is the get up that it had with the smaller tires seeing as the new wheels added 400 pounds to the truck and I’m in the process of having an enclosure built for 2 sundown x15s d4 with a sundown salt amp and a couple of JY lithium batteries and a Mechman 370 output alternator paired with the factory under the hood. What kind of recommendations would you guys suggest as far as bolt ons to give me a lil zoom zoom in my big ass heavy truck ? Thanks In advance

Attachments

• 8F9BD06C-67AE-4D33-9EB7-B679EEFC74FC.jpeg
    8F9BD06C-67AE-4D33-9EB7-B679EEFC74FC.jpeg
    388.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
OP
OP
K

KaptainPurp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Post more pics when you can
Thank you man besides me taking a photo to show it off when i first got it I’ve only got one more but I will most definitely take some more and add it to this thread.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome from sw michigan, tuck is looking pretty good!

as for adding power, there are a hand full of things you can do, depending on how much you want to spend and what your willing to sacrifice. a tune is probably high on the list of bang for buck. and there are little things that can add up like headers, cai, then there are more invasive and expensive things like cam or regearing. all with their price tag and some with limitations.

OP
OP
K

KaptainPurp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
welcome from sw michigan, tuck is looking pretty good!

as for adding power, there are a hand full of things you can do, depending on how much you want to spend and what your willing to sacrifice. a tune is probably high on the list of bang for buck. and there are little things that can add up like headers, cai, then there are more invasive and expensive things like cam or regearing. all with their price tag and some with limitations.
Thanks!! I know for sure I’m gonna do a true dual exhaust and run straight pipes minus the 3rd cat, I was thinking about cams but didn’t even know where to begin. Of course a cold air intake is going on and I also plan to drop her a couple of inches in the back

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

More pics, please.

As stated above, start with a tune. Many folks here hook up with Black Bear Performance for their tunes, but there are other tune options, as well. I recommend that you call the folks at @BlackBearPerf and discuss your needs. With a Black Bear tune, you can get subsequent tune adjustments for free for the life of your truck, whenever you make additional mods that would benefit from a tune adjustment.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Nice rig. Go with the tune but you might wait until you do your exhaust.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Hot Wheels with those rims. Welcome from Cali. Say yes to valvesprings, cam and pocket ported heads for a 5.3 @ 400-425hp. Until then, a tuner like a Diablo will get back 20-30hp with just a plug in on e85.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2