New to the forum and tahoes as well

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, this makes sense then. It looks like in the mid 2000's sometime they switched it to where the Z71 'package' was offered no matter if it was 2 or 4 wheel drive in both the trucks and suvs then. Interesting....

Yea when the nbs z71's had the silver and gold symbol, those were all 4x4... it didn't even have to say 4x4 under it because they were all 4x4 at that point...

BananaHANDS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome glad you got rid of the z71 rack first thing

I actually like the roof rack, I think it improves the stance I was going for.

Another quick way to tell if a chevy full size is 4wd or not is to look at the 5th letter in the vin if it's K then it's 4wd if it's C then 2wd.

OP
OP
K

Kaotik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well my hoe is 4wd and ive been thinking the same thing about the chrome on the rack
i got a great deal on the rack my z71 rack looks like it lost a few battles with a low clearance so i needed a new one and it and the vent caps i stumbled on and had to buy especially since they were the same color as my truck if only i could find an hd hood in my color in good shape lol

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! You can level the back no problem. There are a bunch of threads on it in here already.

OP
OP
K

Kaotik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i figured leveling the back would be the easiest i only use the truck for puttering around the city so i figured the rear would be the best way to go i love this truck my previous vehicle was an 04 expedition and i think the crumbs who stole it did me a favor in a way this tahoe is so much more solid even the interior just seems built alot better

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, Ford is junk. I'm not biased either. I used to work for Ford, which is why I drive a GMC. ;)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, Ford is junk. I'm not biased either. I used to work for Ford, which is why I drive a GMC. ;)

:lol: I've always said this but I AM biased cuz I've always been a GM guy and never have liked Fords. Every Ford I've ever drove or been a passenger in has been nothing compared to my GMs. I just don't like them at all.

BananaHANDS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to be a Ford guy, this is the first chevy I've owned and I love it. I still like some fords but chevy does alot of good things.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was never the biggest GM fan either (until I got my truck).

I see it this way: If Ford decides to make a vehicle worth owning (and paying for), then I'll be all ears. Unfortunately, right now, all they make is Garbage.......so, it is what it is I guess? ...................AND, My friend just bought a "fully loaded" '03 Navigator (same year as my "base-model" Yukon)............. No comparrison IMO!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spargewort

Latest posts