New to the forum! 2003 Tahoe LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

07RCSB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Definitely gonna do a BBP tune, have one on my 05 silverado and loved it. Gonna order some Speed Engineering 1-3/4" long tubes and an offroad Y-pipe for it also. Trying to decide on a muffler

OP
OP

07RCSB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also forgot about adding e-fans.. Never done this before as my other two silverado's have OEM fans being 05+.
Has anyone used the Nelson Performance harness? I have a set of E-fans but no harness.

SteveB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely gonna do a BBP tune, have one on my 05 silverado and loved it. Gonna order some Speed Engineering 1-3/4" long tubes and an offroad Y-pipe for it also. Trying to decide on a muffler
Think I would steer clear of the speed engineering headers. From what I have read on here they don't allow you to keep your 4x4.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Also forgot about adding e-fans.. Never done this before as my other two silverado's have OEM fans being 05+.
Has anyone used the Nelson Performance harness? I have a set of E-fans but no harness.
Stay away from the Nelson harness. Best bet is to grab an oem harness from either a jy, or fellow tyf member @ScottyBoy gets them occassionally--goes through them--cleans them up, relooms them, makes them look new again.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stay away from the Nelson harness. Best bet is to grab an oem harness from either a jy, or fellow tyf member @ScottyBoy gets them occassionally--goes through them--cleans them up, relooms them, makes them look new again.
This^^^^^. Every aftermarket harness I’ve ever heard of ends up melting. I had it happen to me on a 100 degree day and left me overheated and stranded 150 miles from home.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just happen to have a few OEM fan harnesses for sale right now too. I haven't had any in almost a year, but I grabbed a few of them recently. I clean then up and re-wrap it in brand new wire loom so it's a standalone harness. Just ask one of the "dozens" of forum members on here who have bought one from me. Shoot me a PM if interested. :Handshake:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just happen to have a few OEM fan harnesses for sale right now too. I haven't had any in almost a year, but I grabbed a few of them recently. I clean then up and re-wrap it in brand new wire loom so it's a standalone harness. Just ask one of the "dozens" of forum members on here who have bought one from me. Shoot me a PM if interested. :Handshake:
I’m one of those happy customers of yours. No problems with my fans since I bought a harness from you, thanks Scott.:driver:

RaiderRodney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the ride! I've honestly not modded mine much but I did pick up some 18 Silverado wheels to swap out and would like to get a BBP tune and exhaust at some point. Oh, also planning on installing a corvette servo to sure up the sloppy early shifts.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the ride! I've honestly not modded mine much but I did pick up some 18 Silverado wheels to swap out and would like to get a BBP tune and exhaust at some point. Oh, also planning on installing a corvette servo to sure up the sloppy early shifts.

I lived in KC, Mo. for over 35 years and even then the Raiders were my fav team and still are.

My Corvette servo will be installed next week and my new exhaust will be done Monday.

OP
OP

07RCSB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pming you.
Had an interesting weekend for sure, friday night had the fuel pump go out on me.. saturday morning installed a new one, wasnt expecting that. But it runs again! Fuel gauge is a little off now, have to look into that later. Can it be calibrated?
I have speed engineering headers on my 07 classic single cab, but thats 2wd. Also thanks everyone for the suggestion on aftermarket harnesses!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160