New-to-me 1999 Chevy Tahoe

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Stella, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Stella

Stella TYF Newbie

Name:
    Bonnie
    New to this forum and thanks for having me. I recently purchased a 1999 Tahoe and, so far, am loving it. I purchased older as it's probably going to be much easier to work on than the newer models. She has 240,000, starts right up and can't hear her running at an idle, cold air front and rear, 80% life all 4 tires, transmission and rear end are in healthy condition. Best $1,300 I could have ever spent.

I was a member of another car forum for my 1986 Chevy Caprice, as well as, my 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee and found the forums to be quite helpful. My Jeep had some transfer case issues and after reading forums found out what the problem could be, I called the tranny shop and told them "I think the vicious coupling is in need of replacing, the tech said "Ma'am it's viscous, not vicious"... My response..... "YOU HAVEN'T DRIVEN IT!" lol

TEXCHEVY, 07Burb, 09 L9H and 2 others like this.
  2. Miami-Dade

Miami-Dade Super Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Gary
    Welcome from Miami Beach Bonnie!! 1300 bucks sounds like steal to me. Had a 86 Caprice awhile back. It was one of the best vehicles I ever owned.

Stella likes this.
  3. Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz Full Access Member

Name:
    Tony
    Nice acquisition at an awesome price. How's the interior? Have any pics?

Stella likes this.
  4. 09 L9H

09 L9H Member

Name:
    Uhhhhhhhhh
    GMT400 trucks are the best generation in my eyes. My family had a '94 Burb when I was growing up and we loved it. Congrats!

Stella likes this.
  5. 07Burb

07Burb GM fan for life Staff Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Jacob
    :welcome: I've got a 99 Tahoe in my driveway, too, and love it! It's my second '99 (and about my 6th gmt400) and you just can't beat their reliability if they've been taken care of. My current 99 has about 226k on the clock and runs like a top. My other 99 is now owned by my brother-in-law and I believe has close to 300k on it now. They'll go forever if you maintain them.

Stella likes this.
  6. Stella

Stella TYF Newbie

Name:
    Bonnie
    The interior is in fair shape, upholstery very good, no rips or tears. Haven't taken interior pics yet, will soon though and then will have to figure how to post them in this thread.

Tonyrodz likes this.