New to me '17 LT Z71... Lifted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Googledperson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Just picked up a used 2017 LT with the Z 71 package. I'm curious, does the z7 come with a lift from factory? It seems higher but I can't tell if that's just the wheels being a different size.

Also, Z71 is supposed to have roof cross rails right? And I think the blacked out bowtie is not stock either since this isn't the midnight edition.

Edit: pics didn't post so here is the listing https://www.carmax.com/car/21626864

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

When trying to upload images to this Forum, there is a file size limitation that is smaller than many cell phone cameras produce, so you may need to reduce the image file size, in order for it to successfully upload. When applicable, I transfer my cell phone image to my PC's Desktop, and then I use the free app ScreenHunter to take a screen shot of the image, and it delivers a file in the KB size, versus the cell phone's MB size.

OP
OP
G

Googledperson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

When trying to upload images to this Forum, there is a file size limitation that is smaller than many cell phone cameras produce, so you may need to reduce the image file size, in order for it to successfully upload. When applicable, I transfer my cell phone image to my PC's Desktop, and then I use the free app ScreenHunter to take a screen shot of the image, and it delivers a file in the KB size, versus the cell phone's MB size.
Thanks Joseph. Good to know and I'll keep it in mind in the future!

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the TYForum!

Regarding your ?s:

1) Does z71 come w/ a lift from the factory -> NO, but it does have trim specific rear coils and rear struts
2) Stock wheel size for z71 trim (18" wheel) -> 265/65r18, basically 31.5" diameter I thought that z71 trim came from factory with the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tlire.
3) Black bowtie may or may not be stock. This can easily be added after the fact. Used vehicle seller or the previous owner could have made the change. What color is the Chevy emblem on your driver wheel?
4) Roof cross rails should be included with z71 trim, but may NOT have been included with the used vehicle sale.

The z71 trim also comes from the factory with trim specific floor mats; I believe

Safe Travels!

OP
OP
G

Googledperson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the TYForum!

Regarding your ?s:

1) Does z71 come w/ a lift from the factory -> NO, but it does have trim specific rear coils and rear struts
2) Stock wheel size for z71 trim (18" wheel) -> 265/65r18, basically 31.5" diameter I thought that z71 trim came from factory with the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tlire.
3) Black bowtie may or may not be stock. This can easily be added after the fact. Used vehicle seller or the previous owner could have made the change. What color is the Chevy emblem on your driver wheel?
4) Roof cross rails should be included with z71 trim, but may NOT have been included with the used vehicle sale.

The z71 trim also comes from the factory with trim specific floor mats; I believe

Safe Travels!
Thank you for the detailed response! I ended up finding the window sticker buried in the manual folded up!!! Indeed you are right the black bowties were a $150 option (lol) and it was supposed to come with roof rails. I also noticed in the glovebox it came with a brake controller wiring harness. Nice! Glad to know exactly what my Tahoe came with, I’ll have to find some roof rails to re-install!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts