New to Forums - Help Locating LED Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjmrider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum, well at least posting that is, been a member for a while.

Anyways, I am trying to locate a slim LED conversion kit for my 07 tahoe. I have tried using HIDs before, love the color out of them and everything, but super unreliable. Either one light is out, or the other one is, or both. I have to keep flicking my lights on and off hoping that they both catch and light up. Does anyone have a suggestion on any LED conversion kits for low/high beams? Need it to be super slim as I have tried to install amazon ones before and the fan on the back hit the body behind the headlight housing.

See the attached picture for the Tahoe, I try and keep her as clean as possible:

Tahoe_LI.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Someone will chime in about the lights.

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Tyler.

Your 07 Tahoe definitely has a super clean look!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH. Great looking truck!

I converted all of my incandescent bulbs, inside and outside, to LEDs from JDM Astar on my 07 Yukon XL Denali. I'm very happy with the LEDs and the support from the folks at JDM Astar.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious what HID's (brand) did you use? and did you use relays or did you wire them up just using the factory light harness? for best results they should be wired entirely separate from the headlight harness and just use the headlight power as a relay trigger only, reason being HID's are power hungry and they should be connected directly to a relay and to the battery then grounded to the frame, the headlight harness just doesn't have the juice after snaking thru everything.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum, well at least posting that is, been a member for a while.

Anyways, I am trying to locate a slim LED conversion kit for my 07 tahoe. I have tried using HIDs before, love the color out of them and everything, but super unreliable. Either one light is out, or the other one is, or both. I have to keep flicking my lights on and off hoping that they both catch and light up. Does anyone have a suggestion on any LED conversion kits for low/high beams? Need it to be super slim as I have tried to install amazon ones before and the fan on the back hit the body behind the headlight housing.

See the attached picture for the Tahoe, I try and keep her as clean as possible:

View attachment 246066

Good looking Hoe!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9