New to denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ecoli_23

Reaction score
just bought an 02 denali and im tinkering and trying to figure some things out...

so here is a list of things im wanting to know...

why wont my doors unlock if my headlights are on?
what is the santeca super tuner box (st 1000) under back seat?
how can i make sure if my denali is in 2 wheel drive and not 4 wheel?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last picture is a box for video inputs

Other pictures are for alarms

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the one looks like a push button or something like for under the brake pedal or something

If it's for an alarm like the relays look like they are, that's the valet switch turn turn off the alarm if you can't find the alarm remote. You press ad hold the button while turning the key on and it turns off the alarm.

It's possible though that it's not alarm related. You'll have to follow the wiring and see where it goes

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! This gen Denali is an awesome ride! However it’s not a traditional 4WD vehicle. It’s an all wheel drive system so you’re in all wheel drive all the time. There’s no way to disengage it! Makes for great handling though! And it’s quite capable in less than ideal weather conditions!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^yep relays and small push button are for a aftermarket alarm, the tuner box is for a aftermarket stereo/dvd/game input system

as far as doors not locking with lights on, there are some variables involved for instance is the key in the ignition and door open? if so that could be a feature of the aftermarket alarm to prevent a lockout situation but I think that is a factory feature. anyway it could be related to the alarm you may want to stop by a stereo/alarm shop and ask one of the technicians some people like things programmed a certain way for instance I have mine set to unlock only when I shut off the key

OP
OP
E

ecoli_23

Reaction score
Welcome! This gen Denali is an awesome ride! However it’s not a traditional 4WD vehicle. It’s an all wheel drive system so you’re in all wheel drive all the time. There’s no way to disengage it! Makes for great handling though! And it’s quite capable in less than ideal weather conditions!

well i saw a "2 wheel high" button so thought id ask to be clear

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure all Denali's are all wheel drive only. You sure you have a real Denali or did someone swap tranny's?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e