New to Chevrolet! 16 Tahoe LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mightyxwhitey53

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all from Georgia! Just pulled the trigger trading in my wife's 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Limited and purchasing a Silver '16 Tahoe 2WDLT. I have been perusing the forum reading up on as much as I can on the 16 and wondering what I got myself into ;)

The Jeep was great, 76K miles and no major issues, but was getting small for a growing family.

My initial impressions on the '16 Tahoe:

Pros:
-Exceptionally smooth on the highway, with very good acceleration on demand..This truck is a pleasure to drive

-Decent Gas mileage for a big truck

-Apple Play and infotainment system is nice and easy to use

-Beautiful interior/exterior design

-Ample storage...everywhere!

-Adjustable lift gate height...on my Jeep I had to pull the Jeep all the way in, or I would hit the lift gate on the garage door...with this feature I can set it so I never have to worry about it

- Great turning radius, great overall handling

-USB/power ports everywhere!

-Triple zone climate control...but how reliable are things like actuator gears in Chevys?

-No droning/vibrating of the roof that seemed so common on the '15 models

-Onstar support is great, the mobile key fob is sweet.

Cons:
-Overall vehicle lighting is sub-par on a $50+ vehicle.

--Why for the love of god is there no glove box light...shouldn't that be standard?
--No fog lamps on a mid trim level vehicle?
--No cargo area lighting...seriously? The Jeep mentioned previously had lamps built into the rear hatch that were angles into the cargo area..great setup, and included a built in detachable flashlight
--No HID headlamps...again, on a $50k+ vehicle, this should be included (though the high beam lamps do work well)

-Rear backup camera is awful...nearly worthless at night with no ambient lighting. I replaced the back up lamps and license plate bulbs with super bright LEDs, and it didn't make much of a difference

-Third Row seating is cramped..but that is to be expected with seats over the rear axle

-No second row bucket adjustment (front or rear)

-Steering wheel controls/shifter controls are not backlit..perhaps this comes on the LTZ?

-Max trailering package..one trailer harness outlet..my Dodge Ram has both the 3 prong and the circular outlet

-Bose sound system is pretty good, but I wish there was a way to select predefined equalizer settings (Rock, Hall, Rap, Vocal, Jazz, etc.)

Overall I am happy with the purchase, and am excited to own this awesome ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willabea