New tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atwater

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im looking into getting new tires for my 02 tahoe. Any suggestion on good quality but cheap tires? Or better yet, what do you guys have on and do you like them. I prefer a tire that is rated for just daily commute and not for off road.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking into getting new tires for my 02 tahoe. Any suggestion on good quality but cheap tires? Or better yet, what do you guys have on and do you like them. I prefer a tire that is rated for just daily commute and not for off road.

Take a look at my Signature. 275/55R20 Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza

Not cheap, but rides great.

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Toyo M/T's right now, i use to have Nitto Trail Grapplers. Honestly, i like the Nittos better. Toyo's are noisier but both are great off-road tires.

Id say get some Nitto Terra Grapplers. Its an all-terrain tire with no noise and great all around traction

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just got a set of 285/70 17 nitto terra grapplers for my truck. hope to have them on in next week or so

Singletahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Goodyear has a pretty good selection of cheaper but still good quality tires. I used to own a blazer and id buy the tires from walmart and never had a prob. id also offroad quit a bit and they did well. On top o that for a small fee they had unlimited tire balancing and a warranty if something were to happen with the tires.

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC, you can purchase your tires thru discount tire direct, who have some of the lowest prices on quality tires you can find. once you purchase them you can schedule an install at the closest discount tire. they will ship the tires to the store, and you will end up with a good deal. all tires they sell come with lifetime rotate/balance. they also offer a warranty for all tires that will cover 100% of the cost regardless of how the tire got damaged. when i used to work there i had a guy who would come in all the time with some trailer tires we put warranty on. his workers would pop them every few weeks, slamming them into curbs. we replaced them completely, he only had to buy a warranty on the new tire

Don in Mesa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Tire Pressure Sensors went out on my 06 Yukon. GMC service department said that they are no longer available for replacement.

I notice at Discount Tires that tires are listed WITH & WITHOUT the sensors.
Does the fact that my sensors no longer work mean that I still need to pick the tires WITH TPS?
or
Will either work?

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either will work. They are an attachment to the rim. No idea why the difference, unless they are trying to upsell you some replacement sensors (which they do have).

PNWYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't go too cheap at Discount Tire. We bought the Provider Entrada AT 265 /70 R16 112T SL OWL and they have worn extremely quickly, in just over a year. Granted we live two miles up gravel roads, but still the more expensive Goodyear or Bridgestone tires we bought from Sears lasted more than 4 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dano1

Latest posts