New tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PNWMuseumman

Bow Ties Are Cool
Reaction score
I finally caved and bought new tires. Almost dying thursday on the way home from work in the rain sold me on it. Found these on sale and until July 13th, hankook is offering a $50.00 manufacture rebate, so I couldn't really say no. So far pretty happy with them, WAY better traction in the rain than the last tires (valera somethings... Idk, came on the wifes denali when we got it, swapped them for my michelins so she and the munchkin could have the better tires for rain/snow.

I took a chance and went white lettering out. I know it isn't for everyone, but I'm kind of digging the look. Please excuse the dirty truck/wheels.

Also, my wheels are pretty beat up from years of wheel weights and other stuff. I am thinking about plasti-dipping them black. Does anyone have experience plastidipping wheels?

IMG_8025.jpg IMG_8026.jpg

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many moons ago I used to sell Hankook tires and they were a great value for folks on a tighter budget. Those should serve you well. White out looks good too!

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My only experience with Hankook tires was on a Cadillac CTS that my wife drove (she babied it)...they were brand new when we bought the car (dealer installed them right before we picked it up). They lasted 31,000 miles...

I'll happily take my Michelin/Uniroyal tires that routinely last 70k miles. I understand sometimes you can only afford what you can afford, and driving on a budget tire with good tread is better than a bald tire. But if your budget can swing quality tires, get quality!

Just to be clear, not crapping on your tires. If you're happy with them that's all that counts!