New tahoe issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjowens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, Just bought a 22 z71 this afternoon, on way home all hell broke loose. Traction control and check engine light came on and some esc warning. Lost most power limped home down the street then smoke started pouring out. Unable to get it in neutral for tow truck. Beyond pissed, my 2019 f150 screw never had 1 issue. Any thoughts? Can I just cancel the deal since it was same day?

kaiserwillie

Reaction score
Likely blown lifters. Call dealer!! May be new engine time. Not sure your state laws…but canceling the deal may not be a horrible idea!
In Maryland you have 3 days or 300 miles to return a new vehicle. I would return it if you can. Call your motor vehicle administration to find out if you can.

Mjowens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, Just bought a 22 z71 this afternoon, on way home all hell broke loose. Traction control and check engine light came on and some esc warning. Lost most power limped home down the street then smoke started pouring out. Unable to get it in neutral for tow truck. Beyond pissed, my 2019 f150 screw never had 1 issue. Any thoughts? Can I just cancel the deal since it was same day?
I bought brand new 22 Tahoe Premier in Florida in May. Lost power once on highway early on and was led to believe it was driver error. Never happened again and made the trip to Mi. with no problems. But last week when attempting to merge on major freeway I got a fluttering noise. The flutter turned into a knocking noise as I limped to home . Also lost some power in the process. Had it towed to dealership after a 3 day wait. Turned out it went beyond lifter problems to finding steel shavings in oil pan and being crankshaft problem. Now waiting for new engine

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the lifter issue (if that's what it is) was gone by 2022?

OP
OP

321Hawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought brand new 22 Tahoe Premier in Florida in May. Lost power once on highway early on and was led to believe it was driver error. Never happened again and made the trip to Mi. with no problems. But last week when attempting to merge on major freeway I got a fluttering noise. The flutter turned into a knocking noise as I limped to home . Also lost some power in the process. Had it towed to dealership after a 3 day wait. Turned out it went beyond lifter problems to finding steel shavings in oil pan and being crankshaft problem. Now waiting for new engine
Is this issue just with the Tahoes? The 5.3 engine in every vehicle? Sounds like more 22’s starting to have the same issue. They came and got it out of my driveway today.

Airman68

Reaction score
This is probably why I stick with used rigs. If I'm gonna pay that kind of cash for a new vehicle, it better make it home or at least be trouble free for a couple years. I think that's why most people buy these, to avoid trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz