New tahoe issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way in hexx would I keep that machine! Whatever it takes to get it out of my driveway forever. That's insane.

OP
OP

321Hawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, Just bought a 22 z71 this afternoon, on way home all hell broke loose. Traction control and check engine light came on and some esc warning. Lost most power limped home down the street then smoke started pouring out. Unable to get it in neutral for tow truck. Beyond pissed, my 2019 f150 screw never had 1 issue. Any thoughts? Can I just cancel the deal since it was same day?
Update: Just left the dealer, offered us a 22 Suburban LT, we took it. He has allotment for Tahoes this Thursday, we will be ordering one the way we want it and decide if we want to trade when it arrives. Up to the wife wether or not she likes the Suburban. Not as good looking as the Tahoe z71 but has a ton of room. All the techy crap is same and this one has giant sunroof.

The dealer GM treated us great and thought he was fair.

The tahoe is still sitting in my driveway

OP
OP

321Hawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No way in hexx would I keep that machine! Whatever it takes to get it out of my driveway forever. That's insane.
Ya I think they were fair, threw in extras with the suburban too. We will order another Tahoe just in case we dont like the suburban.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Just left the dealer, offered us a 22 Suburban LT, we took it. He has allotment for Tahoes this Thursday, we will be ordering one the way we want it and decide if we want to trade when it arrives. Up to the wife wether or not she likes the Suburban. Not as good looking as the Tahoe z71 but has a ton of room. All the techy crap is same and this one has giant sunroof.

The dealer GM treated us great and thought he was fair.

The tahoe is still sitting in my driveway
That dealer is Gold! Keep doing business with them. Making it right on a Sunday even. Sorry that happened to you; but, it’s a machine, made by men, once in a while stuff happens. It’s what happens after stuff happens that matters most. Glad nobody was hurt, and you weren’t inconvenienced too badly. Sounds like you got a nice rig out of it; and an option for a Tahoe if you prefer it later.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But would the dealer have treated you fairly if outside the window to cancel the purchase? You had them over a barrel and they treated you as they had to.

Manuel Turchan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, Just bought a 22 z71 this afternoon, on way home all hell broke loose. Traction control and check engine light came on and some esc warning. Lost most power limped home down the street then smoke started pouring out. Unable to get it in neutral for tow truck. Beyond pissed, my 2019 f150 screw never had 1 issue. Any thoughts? Can I just cancel the deal since it was same day?
I bought an 09 Tahoe new. Had to have the engine and transmission rebuilt within several hundred miles of new. Chips from machining were left in and scored journal bearings, couldn't hold oil pressure, trans had sticky valves, (recall campaign). finally had to sue GM, offered to just extend warranty with repairs, they refused, paid $3000 settlement. My first 3 months ownership included 2 months in the dealer's garage. No free rental. Don't expect anyone to be genuinely interested in satisfying you although, your case seems pretty extreme. You should be protected by lemon laws but consult an appropriate attorney at any sign of anyone balking.

peyc2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know it sounds bad, but it maybe the dreaded lifter issue.
my 2021 waited until it had 7,000 miles to do it.

Make sure you push the dealer service manager hard, they do reimburse for rental car costs with some noted caveats, such as the rental must be a GM car.
I had to rent a 2020 Tahoe at $50.00 per day for 2 weeks, first they gave me the story GM only pays $25.00 per day, but when it came time to settle
everything, they paid the full $50.00 per day, plus the gas I put into it. best of luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019