New Tahoe Distribution Updates -1/17/21

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

afishinado

Reaction score
This is brutal, never known as the patient type.... I have ordered three vehicles in my 53 years driving, A 75ish Caprice, a 87 S-10 (ran outta patience on both and ended up with something off the lot a week after I ordered). Also ordered the first Porsche 944 in 84 I think, did wait a year for it, damn thing got stolen when it was 9 days old. Now, not much choice, ordered my 4th Tahoe on Dec 1st. Ordered it from a dealer with both Chevy & GMC, was asked if I would take a Yukon, sure! So just sent the sales guy, asking for an update if available. Was promised April.. Wouldn't care, but right now my trade (2021 Wrangler Sahara) is worth more than I paid for it on KBB, don't want to drag this out longer than it has to be! Would be nice to actually get more than I paid for the car!

OP
OP
selectsplat

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you able to get distribution updates for other models or just the Chevys? Have an Escalade waiting for an allocation and would love to know what they are and aren't making
You can ask your dealer for the full constraint list to see how many vehicles they are making for certain options.

Distribution updates arr published that indicates what you can actually put an order in for.

2022TahoeRST

Reaction score
I ordered an RST w/Sport Performance Package, Performance Pack, Luxury Package, w/sliding console on 10/8. Been checking on the GM chat since November and it’s been in the “accepted by GM by not scheduled for production yet”. Now this week it says it’s NOT been accepted yet. But now there are RST’s w/SPP being built. What is going on?

OP
OP
selectsplat

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered an RST w/Sport Performance Package, Performance Pack, Luxury Package, w/sliding console on 10/8. Been checking on the GM chat since November and it’s been in the “accepted by GM by not scheduled for production yet”. Now this week it says it’s NOT been accepted yet. But now there are RST’s w/SPP being built. What is going on?
There are a few being built, but not many. A couple of dozen per week nation wide. Getting an allocation for one and having it be officially accepted is about the same as winning the lottery.

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the second report of an order going from accepted to not accepted. Perhaps the constraint that caused it to change is not going to be available for the rest of the model year? I would stop and see my dealership management face to face on Monday to get the full story.

Yarosuav

Reaction score

Sliding console will not be available for the remainder of the model year, so that alone could have kicked you back to 1100 status… You should check with your dealer.

Buffalown

Reaction score
So if the power sliding console won’t be available on MY 2022 and I have an order placed should I expect my dealer to contact me about removing it from the build? No way they wouldn’t be aware of this and let the order just sit without getting picked up because of it right?

OP
OP
selectsplat

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contact your dealer to see if he has any allocations, and if you can re-work the order to avoid any constraints to get your order accepted.