New seat covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone educate me. The leather in mine has a few cracks and stuff so I would like to replace them, what is involved?

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup, thats what i have been looking at, is it something that can be done by me or would i want to have in put in by a prof?

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
I say do it yourself. save some money.. just do the back seats first then work your way up if its your daily driver... Doing that will help you learn as you go and before you hit your main seat(drivers seat)... if you cant do the back seat, well then you know you cant do the fronts and its time to give it up... give it a shot man

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it can be done solo....lucky for me, I have a cousin in Duncan that owns his own upholstery shop :D

dec322

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should call around and see if you can get a good price. We had a section of leather replaced on the driver seat and it cost around $100. It looks stock....I'm sure I would have screwed it up.

road1will

pretty pretty good
Reaction score
installing it yourself is easy. the tricky part is getting the wrinkles out. they need to be steamed or heated up to get the wrinkles out.

Its no that expensive. When i was in teh car business our vendors would install leater in all three rows of a Yukon XL or acadia for $800

also, to get wrinkles out, we would run the car for about 2 hours with the heated seats on and the heat on full blast. It would get hot as shit in the car and really make the leather tighten up on the seat.

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its no that expensive. When i was in teh car business our vendors would install leater in all three rows of a Yukon XL or acadia for $800

Damn thats not bad at all, I would only have the front 2 and rear bench done, forget the 3rd seat its in the attic somewhere lol. May look for a shop around here to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyguy88