New Memeber - 15 PPV 4x4 - Michigan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zer0gravity

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just saying hi and lurking around the forums to check out past threads before I ask a lot of the same questions. Might have a few upgrades, but it just started snowing like crazy here!

2015 PPV 4x4 - 120k miles -7.5k hours - $15.5k out the door

Upgrades 2020:
New tires 265/65/17 TERRAIN CONTACT H/T or suggestions
Suspension - Bilstein 5100
Weathertech or husky liners
Headliner clean / paint
Tuner?
Chevy dealer inspection
Chrome delete (vinyl wrap)

Completed:
Undercoating rubber spray
Oil change

IZ1osmh.jpg

G7doMKI.jpg
9zxQFM2.jpg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from NH, and very good looking truck!

This is a great Forum, and part of what makes it great is that everybody contributes. Lurking is OK, but two-way conversations benefit all members so much more.

So, go ahead and ask your questions, after some independent searching, and in many cases, folks will respond with links to existing threads on related topics that you could not find in your independent search.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Iowa Jacob.

Nice looking truck.

For your list of things to do, if you don’t know when they were last done, might consider the following items:

Spark plugs and wires.
Fluid changes in front and rear differential as well as transfer case.
Transmission Pan drop and filter replacement.
Coolant flush.

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be cautious about any rubber undercoating on metal. It is known to trap moisture and INCREASE corrosion. If you strip the frame down, hot dip it, and then dip it entirely in the coating then you have a chance. Otherwise look at the other options like NH Oil, Fluid Film or some other sort of annual lanolin undercarriage treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
zer0gravity

zer0gravity

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, I've used Fluid Film on my raptor (AMSOIL). I knocked off any spots I could see with a wire brush and just wanted to make sure it protected, so the rubber spray was the fast solution. I might revisit after the winter to see how its held up.

I do know that some Weathertech or husky mats are in need asap!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I've used Fluid Film on my raptor (AMSOIL). I knocked off any spots I could see with a wire brush and just wanted to make sure it protected, so the rubber spray was the fast solution. I might revisit after the winter to see how its held up.

I do know that some Weathertech or husky mats are in need asap!
A lot of people have been going with Husky as the Weathertechs have been curling up on them.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the GM all weather mats in my 16 Suburban and am using the in my 19 Suburban. They are holding up well.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Jacob!

Looks to be in overall excellent shape. I would say 15.5 was a very good price for your 15 PPV.

Out of curiosity do know what agency had your PPV Tahoe? Any service records?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz