New Memeber - 15 PPV 4x4 - Michigan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious. What engine is in that PPV? And electric seats on both fronts, is that standard on that type of vehicle?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Here is the window sticker that came with the PPV. I have the carfax but not all the service records. It was a local police station that used the truck.

OJ6MVYi.jpg
Interesting: Rear park assist, both power front seats, and rear camera.

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought one too! 2015 PPV, 4x4, 150k, $14000 out the door. Straight, brand new firestone fire hawk performance tires. Spotless interior expect for one small dash piece I can’t figure out how to remove yet.

bought a civilian center console, all the components for Apple car play and the 8” screen, wireless phone charging, LED headlights. Not sure about my spotlight. Add a second for cool factor, or remove/repair the one that’s on it to make look for normal. Two spot lights would look pretty damn cool too. I’m looking for a way to get rid of the chrome outline on the front grill and headlamps. Blacked out would be nice.

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s mind blowing how agencies are/were paying $45k for these. Same year Taurus AWD’s were about $29k. That is quite the delta. A buddy of mine is a captain for a small fire department and they city just bought him a 2019 Yukon XL. They must have a lot of cash to throw around. His Yukon will be quite a value when they replace they as they baby their vehicles. Stored indoors, washed and waxed, and driven short distances daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Taurus AWD, 2014. They are cramped. Good in snow and rain, speedy, but definately NOT a Tahoe. I can see why...

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
Agreed I want to sell my 2009 soon for a 15+ and that is a good price....I am in Sterling Heights if you want to do anything together.

Welcome from Miami Beach Jacob!

Looks to be in overall excellent shape. I would say 15.5 was a very good price for your 15 PPV.

Out of curiosity do know what agency had your PPV Tahoe? Any service records?

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s mind blowing how agencies are/were paying $45k for these. Same year Taurus AWD’s were about $29k. That is quite the delta. A buddy of mine is a captain for a small fire department and they city just bought him a 2019 Yukon XL. They must have a lot of cash to throw around. His Yukon will be quite a value when they replace they as they baby their vehicles. Stored indoors, washed and waxed, and driven short distances daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Local and state governments receive significant fleet discounts and pay well below MSRP. Also, just because it has low mileage does not mean that the engine hours won’t be high. Most police and fire department vehicles are driven hard and put away wet and will sit on scenes idling for hours on end.

Last edited:

James Ward

2015 Tahoe LT
Reaction score
Thanks, I've used Fluid Film on my raptor (AMSOIL). I knocked off any spots I could see with a wire brush and just wanted to make sure it protected, so the rubber spray was the fast solution. I might revisit after the winter to see how its held up.

I do know that some Weathertech or husky mats are in need asap!

Welcome again, Very nice looking Tahoe. Yes, I used everything Weathertech has for a 2015 and they, Are worth the money. Good investment, Work Great !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts