Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What makes you say that? I am considering replacing my wives Aztek with an RX
The RX is basically a rebadged highlander. Its a tried and true platform, just get the AWD not the FWD, the driving experience is much better and chassis is more planted in extreme situations. Toyota and Lexus tech and controls have always been far behind. I'm just speaking from my experience over the years with that product line and I do not know much on the recent ones just my disclaimer. From the Aztek to the RX will be a nice upgrade for sure. The Toyota product line will go a long time, and hold up pretty decent from a mech. standpoint. Repairs on them is where things get costly, 800 dollar alternators etc. I don't have much room to complain saying my wife has an Audi Q5 and that's a expensive one also to repair.

If you want to see the differences, go drive a Q5, then drive the RX300, and throw a BMW x3 in there. All in the same size category but tech and chassis balance is different in each one. My wife loves the Q5 hands down, and out of the 3 I would buy it again in a heart beat.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the welcomes here. I realize there will be a wealth of knowledge shared on this site. My last 3 vehicles, 2007 Saturn Outlook, 2016 Acura MDX and the 2019 Lexus RX 350 I have been on the forums and gained a lot of information( especially the Outlook). Will post again after window tinting
View attachment 391999
Real Nice. Congrats.

OP
OP
D

danler10101

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome from Texas... I was a Lexus mechanic 20 something years ago, they are quality products but leave to be desired as all Toyota products do. The Denali should be a great upgrade for you. Look forward to seeing pics.
What makes you say that? I am considering replacing my wives Aztek with an RX

I cannot speak bad about a Toyota. I had a brand new 2010 Prius, sold it with 92,000 miles in 2009 and all it had done was 9 oil changes and a set of tires. My 2019 RX 350 had no issues whatsoever but my first grandchild has arrived and I needed a bigger vehicle. The RX is a good fit for 4 people MAX comfortably.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After all my years in the shops, I have to say, that if I was not a GM guy, it would be a Toyota product under my ass.
Toyota, up to 2012, was a basterdized GM, except for the full size trucks. Where do you think the 2mode hybrid system was borrowed from in collaboration with Dodge.

Then theres the Toyota Matrix/Pontiac Vibe
Geo Prism/Toyota Camry and Corolla (depends on year)
etc...

I was so confused on the issues that the 2008-2012 GM FST had considering the system was borrowed from the Toyota Prius.

But we are way off topic now....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907