New member from Kuwait

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChewieTheHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been a member for a long time. In 2011 I believe, when I was going to buy a white hoe. I unfortunately got stolen away by Jeep with a great deal from the dealer here on a Grand Cherokee overland. Fully loaded for much less so I bit the bullet. Ever since I've been having problems with the garage here. So I finally said goodbye (I traded it in for a challenger before finally giving up on them) and went out to buy a used tahoe for whatever I sold my Challenger for. I got a great deal from the Chevy dealer here on a used one, 2014 with only 90k (KM) on the oddo. Only thing I wasn't too pleased with at first was the colour as I really wanted white or black, but the hoe was too clean to pass up. So I bit the bullet and got this lovely 2014 LT (another down side was it was a RWD model and not 4x4 which is seemingly rare to find here for some reason).

Anyways, I already started the most basic mods I could think of. Bought myself the black grille, and wrapped the chrome bits around the handles, mirrors and fake wood parts in the interior. I got myself a new infotainment system, it's an android based screen but works nicely with the rear camera and lets me mirror my iphone as well which is nice. I can run any app I like instead of trying to rely on whatever the screen comes shipped with. Has some nice stuff, but I prefer to mirror my iphone and run spotify natively.

Anyways, here's a quick shot of my hoe that I took earlier today. Have had it for 1.5 weeks so far.

Upcoming will be some more basic mods, CAI, shocks (probably will lift it 2") and some bigger rubber around those rims. Also looking to tint my windows and may do some more exterior aesthetic work. Not sure where to go with the engine so hopefully I'll get some great tips on here.

Anyways, I guess that's enough from me. Thanks in advance for the warm welcome!

_tahoe_19042019.jpg

OP
OP
ChewieTheHoe

ChewieTheHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome. How does the Hoe perform in the hot weather there?
It’s actually not bad. I haven’t hit the crazy summers here yet (June/July we hit 50 plus Celsius) but it’s been doing good so far. She’s been standing for a while when I picked her up so first thing I did was an oil change and a few tune ups here and there. During the day now we r at around 40 Celsius and she’s doing great. AC takes about 20-30 seconds to really start cooling but that is no fault of the car. My wife’s merc takes about the same time to cool up. Generally excited and very happy with everything. Just noticed the shocks were a bit worn out from the previous owner or maybe I was expecting something else? Either way I’m planning on new shocks (probably blisteins) and give it about 1.5-2 inches higher clearance. Beefier tires should help too.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
It’s actually not bad. I haven’t hit the crazy summers here yet (June/July we hit 50 plus Celsius) but it’s been doing good so far. She’s been standing for a while when I picked her up so first thing I did was an oil change and a few tune ups here and there. During the day now we r at around 40 Celsius and she’s doing great. AC takes about 20-30 seconds to really start cooling but that is no fault of the car. My wife’s merc takes about the same time to cool up. Generally excited and very happy with everything. Just noticed the shocks were a bit worn out from the previous owner or maybe I was expecting something else? Either way I’m planning on new shocks (probably blisteins) and give it about 1.5-2 inches higher clearance. Beefier tires should help too.
Wow, 50C is around 120F. That's hot!!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome back from Miami Beach!! Nice Tahoe!

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, 50C is around 120F. That's hot!!
instead of warming up the car you cool it down..

you think that is bad the Highest temp in my area is 115 in the summer... ( the engine was all ready warmed up to 160f on a cold start ) :O

that is why I switched parking spots with my dad because of the shade protection (need to protect the battery from temps above 140f)

OP
OP
ChewieTheHoe

ChewieTheHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
instead of warming up the car you cool it down..

you think that is bad the Highest temp in my area is 115 in the summer... ( the engine was all ready warmed up to 160f on a cold start ) :O

that is why I switched parking spots with my dad because of the shade protection (need to protect the battery from temps above 140f)

Where do ya live mate?

Because I do know in Kuwait there are certain variations that are done to the vehicles before they're sold by dealerships in order to help them run in the extreme temps. I'm not sure what they exactly do though.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do ya live mate?

Because I do know in Kuwait there are certain variations that are done to the vehicles before they're sold by dealerships in order to help them run in the extreme temps. I'm not sure what they exactly do though.
Desert
Mojave Desert.

I'm looking for the Heavy Duty police Version on the cooler fans

not worried about noise it's pretty quiet in the cabin as it has sound damping and the radio takes care of the rest..

I have the hybrid version which has batteries that need to be keep under 140f

the A/C compressor performs very well it's 330Volt 3 phase compressor the same size voltage as one used for Industrial sized building.. (3 phase) and starts getting COLD with in 3-5 seconds...

I have tested it and it can actually get it down to 60F inside the cabin from 90F you can hear it cycle normally like the one used for a house once you get to the set temp 60F being the lowest ..(if it went lower i'd set it to 50F in the summer)
it has rear a/c as well

the current cooling package works well I have not seen above 154-157F for the transmission and 212F rock solid for the engine....
the only thing the engine runs is the water pump the rest are dummy pulleys

90F was the highest so far this season in my area... since i had bought it in Feb...

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure where to go with the engine so hopefully I'll get some great tips on here.

Anyways, I guess that's enough from me. Thanks in advance for the warm welcome!

Welcome! I would suggest changing all the fluids and then using the severe service schedule due to the weather there. Do a fluid exchange for the transmission and change the rear differential fluid. The coolant is good for 5 years or 150K miles, whichever happens first. I reckon it's due.

Get your hands on a bi-directional scan tool like the Tech-2.

I'm looking for the Heavy Duty police Version on the cooler fans

What are the specs for these fans/motors?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu