New Member...couple of questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OuPhiDelt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the NNBS Tahoe world...2011 LT Z71 (Sheer Silver/Ebony).

First, let me say that you guys are a wealth of information. Having been a member of Wranglerforum, my350z, e90post, m3post, ls1.com, and several other non-car specific forums, I can honestly say this is one of my favorites.

My 'mod style' is more of an OEM+...I like it when people know that your car looks different for some reason, but they cant immediately identify what you have done as far as modifications.

After trolling around the forum for a bit, I went ahead and ordered the 35w HID conversion (with relays) for the lows, and the 25w for the fogs. I have already finished the interior/exterior SMT LED Conversion and I have a couple other ideas on what is 'next' based on the awesome info I have found.

I do have a couple of questions for those in the know that I have been unable, as of yet, to answer.

1. For the puddle lamps (194 bulb) I currently have the 5smd bulbs installed, but I was wondering if the 68smds would fit in the housing? I want a little more light at night.

2. I cannot seem to find anyone who has the 'Factory Look' LED taillights pictured here:

Does anyone have any experience with these? Are they as bright/brighter than OEM? Or, in the alternative, has anyone experimented with putting LED 'Star' bulbs in the tails?

3. Has anyone "wrapped" the gold portion of the front and rear emblems, or have a source for paint color matched (or close to it) vinyl decals for them?

4. Does anyone have a source for center cap decals, as I would like to remove or cover the factory bowtie emblazoned ones?

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide!

-H

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the led taillights pictured above are that of a tahoe hybrid. It has a different harness so be careful if ur going to order them.

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

Jaletti

Reaction score
IF i could help you, this would be my reply
#1 - no clue
#2 - If I could help you, I'd send you to this topic http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29719 - the OP has an ebay link to Tahoe styled LEDs. as you said, no one seems to have them installed, but i imagine them being LEDs, they should be brighter than the stock ones
#3 - I havent yet, but i'm looking to see if I can put 3m di noc carbon fiber on mine. It should arrive tomorrow goign to do the interior and if i have extra i'm doing the bow-ties. However, they sell color matched bowties on ebay for pretty cheap
#4 - http://www.hubcaphaven.com/tahoe_hubcaps.htm
- http://www.webxtremes.com/chevydecals.htm

But a Kappa Sig would never help a Phi Delt, so i can't tell you any of that stuff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA