New Member - Contemplating Grand Cherokee Hemi vs. Tahoe Signature

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
At Law

At Law

Reaction score
So, what did you buy?

I haven't made a purchase yet.
I was prepared to buy a leftover '17 Tahoe Signature, however, at the last minute, they
increased the price by nearly $8,000, requested that I pay for nitrogen air in the tires at a cost of $900,
and added a SWAT security system or some garbage at a price of $1,000.00.

The dealer said they made a mistake on their website with the pricing and our discussions and could not longer honor it.

I have purchased dozens of cars over my life, this is by far the most unethical car deal I have come across.

cheyenne383

Far North Lurker
Reaction score
I haven't made a purchase yet.
I was prepared to buy a leftover '17 Tahoe Signature, however, at the last minute, they
increased the price by nearly $8,000, requested that I pay for nitrogen air in the tires at a cost of $900,
and added a SWAT security system or some garbage at a price of $1,000.00.

The dealer said they made a mistake on their website with the pricing and our discussions and could not longer honor it.

I have purchased dozens of cars over my life, this is by far the most unethical car deal I have come across.

This happened to me when I went to look at a Sierra before I bought my Silverado. I had a screenshot from my phone and everything and they still wouldn't stand by the online price. I left extremely unhappy and will no longer give them any parts business as a result.

Garandman

Reaction score
Those kind of shenanigans are why we bought a private sale ‘16. At work we had a fleet and bought 1-2 new vehicles per year, but always bought late model Hondas private sale because the local dealers were such tools.

They all came with tires 78% N filled, no charge.....

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^I like the back of the esky, except your pic is ugly because it’s white diamond and an early 15 with the old emblem. The Yukon looks the worst to me of the 3.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^I like the back of the esky, except your pic is ugly because it’s white diamond and an early 15 with the old emblem. The Yukon looks the worst to me of the 3.

I don’t mind the back of the yukon (though I do think the Tahoe has the best brake lights of the 3). Yukon is your only option if you don’t want lightsabers for brake lights or quad headlights up front (early 2015 Tahoe build below)

349145addc74ebfda4216de65b3a49e2.jpg

Last edited:

Garandman

Reaction score
Manufacturers have been giving their trucks and SUV’s immense grilles for a while. They commission psychological studies of buyer profiles, then style the car to appeal to your emotions. By appealing to your emotions, they can extract more $$ from your wallet. Along with their branding efforts.

Not sure there can be much more grille than the current Escalade.

Last edited:

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Manufacturers have been giving their trucks and SUV’s immense grilles for a while. They commission psychological studies of buyer profiles, then style the car to appeal to your emotions. By appealing to your emotions, they can extract more $$ from your wallet. Along with their branding efforts.

Not sure there can be much more grille than the current Escalade.
Meh, the Escalade hardly has a grill problem. Have you seen Acura or Mercedes? Or even the 18 Yukon Denali, just a bunch of rows of chrome braces lol

Garandman

Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

I am finally ending a lease on my 2015 BMW 535 M Sport and am getting back into an SUV for towing and hauling. I have been driving BMW's for nearly 15 years now and have grown tired of them.

I have arrived at very solid deals on a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, V8 Hemi, Sterling Edition and a
2017 Tahoe, Signature Package.

I have had GC's in the past and they have always been very good vehicles--and getting better every generation.

However, I have also had my eye on Tahoes as well for their size and their commendable resale value as well as overall handiness.

I would appreciate hearing from folks who have driven both and perhaps had the same choice as I currently have.

Thank you in advance.

TG
So have you triumphed over the dealership’s Sales Prevention Team yet?