New HID's, 8000k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had em in for about a month now, decided to finally get pics up

HIDs2.gif

HIDs5.gif

HIDs.gif

$130 total with a 2 Year warranty, what do ya think?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks good, gotta do fogs now huh? I did all mine, at light with all on, wow....major difference.

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
looking good +1 on fog lights, i would personally go with amber one's i love mines definitely :imo:gives a different look/touch (Lexus touch)

NOPROBROBB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HIDs

Where's the best place to get HID kits, I bought some projector lights a while back when i bought my 2002 tahoe but the lights they included were crap and were worse than the stock lighting. I put some PIAA lights in but they re still arent as bright as the originals. So i am left to upgrade to HIDs. Any recommendations would be appreciated, Thanks.

NOPROBROBB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the 55w going to be the best option or are the 35w tipically bright enough? Aso is there anything else i will need to buy other than the HID kit? Like extra wires or the error code eliminator? Also i live in Utah and they seem to be very strict about light coloring, what kelvin rating would you recommend to get the whitest white output?

Last edited:

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Is the 55w going to be the best option or are the 35w tipically bright enough? Aso is there anything else i will need to buy other than the HID kit? Like extra wires or the error code eliminator? Also i live in Utah and they seem to be very strict about light coloring, what kelvin rating would you recommend to get the whitest white output?

35w is typically plenty bright. Look at my link in the tech section and judge for yourself from the pics. http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6151

I think getting a wiring harness is a good idea, but typically not necessary in these trucks for the headlights. Stock wiring seems to hold up fine from what I've heard. You shouldn't pull any error codes with the headlights, either, so don't bother paying for an eliminator.

If you want the best light output, and to keep the police happy, get 4300K. That is typically the color of all OEM HID's, and is also the brightest (highest lumen rating). 5000 or 6000k are pretty bright and only slightly blue, look good but aren't obnoxious, and you might be able to get away with that.

Last edited: